Vic Police Adjust Mobile Speed Camera Rules;cameras To Be Concealed

timetaker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 21d

Oh dear!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/victoria-police-adjusts-mobile-speed-camera-rules-to-allow-cameras-to-be-concealed/story-fni0fee2-1226739895665

Vic government and police must be at their wits end trying to gouge the ordinary motorist.So my understanding with this new approach is that a speeding motorist will unknowingly get caught and continue speeding on his /her merry way .The previous approach,with unconcealed mobile speed cameras,had people slowing down when they saw a mobile speed camera.

Police and Vic government would rather have people get caught speeding and thus feed the government coffers rather than have people slow down.

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 5d

The public, in general, feel safer as a community, when hi visibility policing occurs.

If all the 'hoons'' for example, saw a HWP car sitting on a main road, doing speed checks, RBT, or ANPR, chances are they won't chuck a skid in a few klms time. And possibly a crim scoping out houses to break into, may find a suburb with a bit less po po attention.

A unmarked kluger however, with no sign writing to state what it there for, only achieves one thing, revenue for the state government.

• Like 8

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 8d

It's a rort in WA and I can't believe we all support it.

They're ALL hidden pretty much and they always talk about how it "prevents" people speeding in the dangerous locations they are situated.

I lost my licence with less than 100kw and now haven't had one ticket in the xr6t after a year of driving it (30,000km+).

They're mostly in x trails and VW vans luckily for us in WA. Only thing that sucks is people who park their x trail deliberately to replicate a speed trap.

I have always supported police being present, I have never supported their tactics.

Edited by johnxr6t
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

Kents... Always raising revenue, the $100m in Victoria alone from mobile speed cameras wasn't enough last financial year..

I would really like to see a law passed, or government policy introduced, that shows where an increase in speed cameras is introduced and the revenue raised increases significantly but number of crashes and deaths doesn't decline at all or very minimally then this is blatant revenue raising and thus camera's should be reduced back to what they were.

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 5d

Bit different where I live, and have lived previously, but in ACT and NSW the speed cameras are operated by the RTA/RMS/TAMS/whatever other government acronyms you can think of, not operated by coppers.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 29d

agree that there should be more visability but the government only wants the money. it's all just a numbers game, don't forget

write to you local member ( or the motoring party member) and explain the reasons why you feel it's wrong and if enough people do, it may start to get more support..........hell, I don't ues facesux but that is a great media outlet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 14d

Kents... Always raising revenue, the $100m in Victoria alone from mobile speed cameras wasn't enough last financial year..

I would really like to see a law passed, or government policy introduced, that shows where an increase in speed cameras is introduced and the revenue raised increases significantly but number of crashes and deaths doesn't decline at all or very minimally then this is blatant revenue raising and thus camera's should be reduced back to what they were.

How do you stop this so called revenue raising!?

DON'T FARKING SPEED!!!!!!!!!

I'm not fussed where there parked or hiding, I got no problem with it at all.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 5m 8d

Controlled speeds cause more accidents than preventing them.

It's easier to make money from it than find a middleground solution.

Also congrats to NT for opening up sections of Stuart hwy to an unlimited speed. At least we have a progressive gonverment somewhere in Australia.

• Like 1