Yet Another Power Topic And Introduction

MattyP

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 28d

RWKW figures dont really mean s**t in the real world so to speak,

My car makes most of its power and all torque before 4500, which for everyday drivability is heaps better than having an extra 10rwkw, but making it at redline. Just tell joe what you want, ( mid range, low down, top power) he will make it happen.

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

Thanks for your reply as I originally suspected the intercooler was the BIG let down (but hey my bro bought it for me and the he said there was no difference between the pipping kit with or without the core price wise) we were getting intake temps of up to 51c so next mod is a new core looking process west or nizpro, the id 1000cc were only at 40% capacity which will leave plenty of room for more mods (e85 etc)
so with all that in mind she got 285rwkw and to be perfectly honest considering the temps in the shop and the s#%t cooler is a pretty good result coupled with a slight zf tune and service it has completly transformed the car, the exhaust is fairly quiet when you want it to be and gives an incredible roar when you want it and as soon you put your foot down it just throws you into the back of the seat,
so in 3 weeks time shes going back to the tuner with a new core and e85 for MOAR POWER!!
I never understood how addictive it was until now

And of course a big shout out to joe at cms who did an unbelivable job to still get my car in and done today considering how much work had to be done in such a short time, Very highly recomended tuner and will be coming back for more!
absolutely loving my luxo barge now all I need is a couple hats on the parcel tray and you would almost consider it a sleeper :)

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 25d

Sounds good mate. I've always been happy with the work cms has done on my car.

How much boost are you running ?

You will love e85 , the power seems to stay more consistent even on a warm day .

Im running a process west stage 1 stepped intercooler. Main reason for me going with that option is that it involves no cutting and bolts straight up. But if you have already had to modify things to fit your current cooler then I would go for a bigger one , that way you won't have to upgrade later if you decide to go with a bigger turbo.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

Cool

I've just about to order a stage 2 process west core only as ive already got the piping and with that im due to get about another 20rwkw and then another 30 with e85

Also just got gifted a water injection kit considering putting it on.. not sure yet

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

Its an intresting mod considering how much it lowers intake temps but noone seems to know much about it

Edited by McMattyP91

I not very familiar with water injection but if you are looking for more consistent power in the warmer months the stage 2 cooler and e85 should keep you happy. When my car ran an 11.2 at 124mph the air temp was 28°c.