Yet Another Power Topic And Introduction

MattyP

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

thanks for all the feedback guys and tunehouse
just a follow up

the intercooler went on today, a pcpa kit from wa
abit concerned about the fact its an ebay kit but ive had a couple friends have had some pretty good feedback
now the fitment has gone pretty much to plan it was a little close to the ac unit but all good no modifactions to anything to fit it on except we added a couple of spacers to move the IC a little bit further front
the piping goes on tomorrow plus im putting on the aftermarket DRL headlights (for the projectors not for the leds off shot from my HIDs ship me up the wall)
the xforce 4inch dump/high flow cat and 3/1/2 cat back goes on thursday and off to cms where they will be fitting the id 1000s as well
ill do a proper write up and review about everything once its done by this weekend

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 23d

The Ethanol will strip any gunk you may have in your tank, your first line of protection is the fuel filter, if it clogs you could potentially lean out.

True. But more importantly make sure you check the in tank fuel pump sock filter. It's the one that will block first

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 25d

Are you doing the wastegate flapper mod seeing as you will be running full exhaust?

Are you uprading your intank pump or running a surge tank?

If you are keeping the factory airbox you might as well cut a hole out of the lower section of the airbox and run a K&N air filter

Edited by LU82

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

How the hell do I get to that??

Access to the fuel tank is under the rear seat in sedans. Pull the bottom part out and there's a lid. After that, I got no idea, I'd be careful! Actually I got my tuner to do it, hahaha.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 25d

Are you doing the wastegate flapper mod seeing as you will be running full exhaust?

Good question.

Might be some boost control issues there if you don't do a turbo port and flapper mod with all that unrestricted exhaust. Be a good idea to speak to the tuner about it before you take it in.

Edited by _Velocity_

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

already have talked to the tuner he says itll be ok however if the boost starts spiking itll have to have that mod done... but like I said "should" be ok

Stock fuel tank, no surge tank as the tuner said both should be ok as the stock fuel pump maxs out at 350rwkw

and im trying to keep everything as close to stock as possible well sort of anyway,
she goes to the tuner tomorrow so ill keep you guys updated and let you know what other mods I gotta do and of course power levels (I actually think the pissing contest that is power figures is abit unnecessary as a friend of mine who supposedly got 340rwkw managed to pull a pb of 13.1 down the quarter)

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 2m 14d

340rwkw managed to pull a pb of 13.1 down the quarter)

Did he still have the hand brake up.lol

13.1 I could beat that in a stock fg. 340rwkw should do a low 12 to a high 11 easy.