Yet Another Power Topic And Introduction

MattyP

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

First time poster long time reader and I can't even begin to explain how helpful you guys have been to me.

So ill start off with me and the car at the moment im 22, love cars and have owned turbo and non turbo 5th generation toyota celicas, 1st gen liberty non turbo, 1uz toyota soarer, ba xr8 and the current beast an 08 fg g6eT and a suzuki gsx650f motorcycle

Current mods ive done to the car are 20inch deep dish wheels, DBA 4000 t3 Rotors, all interior lights changed over to LEDs and hid headlights and fog lights.

With the motorcycle ive noticed that my car is only on par with the bike and with my friend doing up is 2008 wrx sti hatch to be faster than my car (The g6 was faster when they were both stock), ive decided to put him back in his place and do up my car over the next 3 weeks.

So the plan is to keep the car looking sort of stock, stealthy and response (aiming for 300rwkw). It is my daily so please don't be expecting show car looks (Even down to the scuffs on the bottom of the front bar and yellow number plates)

The following are parts I have ordered:

*4 Inch Dump

*high Flow Cat
*1000cc injectors

*New bigger intercooler and alloy piping

*Xcal 3 (e85, 98, 91 tunes)

Many people have told me that is all I need to run e85 but if anyone has more info your help will be greatly appreciated.

I will start another thread (or maybe continue this one) and document the build as I will be doing it on my next available days off

Edited by McMattyP91

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

Add a good intank fuel pump to the list and maybe an actuator and your on the right path mate

Oh welcome to the mad house :)

Edited by JETURBO

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

Thanks!

Im not trying to be stingy but at the same time im trying to save for an engagement ring for the misses. so I'm giving the falcon a proper go before its too late and have to be responsible but also not going too crazy,

how hard is the fuel pump to get too (my dad, my brother and I are doing all of the work, family project thing)

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m

And do a few fuel filter changes. E85 will "clean" everything.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 25d

Same mods as what my car has except im a running a pw surge tank.

I noticed in your sig that your from the central coast , the united servo near wyong golf course should have e85 in a couple of months.

Edited by LU82

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

yeah I've been told to not go straight to e85 but to run a 70-30 mixture of 98 and e85 on a 98 tune for the first couple of tanks to get all the unwanted juice out before going full tanks of e85

ohh awesome to be honest I was a bit worried about caltexs e85.. ive heard some not so great things about it :ermm:

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control

oh that's a given my st185 celica got tuned at tuff tune at tuggerah and the absolutely butchered it. way to rich and only produced 100awkw... while it was lightly modified to make 140 on someone elses dyno with less mods.... thinking autotech or tunehouse or intune.. not sure yet

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 19d

thinking autotech or tunehouse or intune.. not sure yet

Autotech? Yes

Tunehouse? Yes

Intune? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

that is all

• Like 4