Battlefield 4

BenDoCo

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 17d

YOU NEVER REGRET ANYTHING AZ!!!! NEVER!!!!

You are a cold heart killa, I tell you!

Oh and Jman killed me a few times with the Helli last night. that was getting to be annoying so I swapped teams!!!

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 12d

Do I have you on there masda? What do you go by? Maybe we could team up and attempt to trap Az haha.

Might be playing a bit on easter monday and anzac day due to getting stuck with 24/7 on call next week mon-sun.

:( no drinkies for me.

Edited by TomT
  • Like 2

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members

All of them, just depends on which server we join.

Someone should set up a teamspeak or whatever people use these days for us all to jump on and chat during the game, hard trying to organize everything and see who's playing through text.

Edited by TomT

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

I am known as Masda74 everywhere... :P

I use team speak all the time and I connect to the game areana servers.

I can only give you the IP address of the server, when I get home.

I will try and remember to put the details on here later on.

I think even if we both team up together and try and get Az, we wont have a chance.

Have you seen his Frame rate and how smooth his paning is?

He has 6 screens now and can see us, before we even walk around the corner!!

I am planning on picking up my second graphics card on Wednesday..

That should help me out.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

I even went as low as setting my reso to 1600X1200 yesterday to get the frame rates up.

I did the motion blur config file some time back and recently.

When I set it to 60FPS, it would go all the way down to 30fps. this really sh*ts me as it is not playable.

Last night changed the limit from 60fps to 80fps and it was at 80 for a while, but in the heat of combat when someone walks infront of you, it drops to 30.

That really kills me as it is not playable.

Really need to spend more money and get a second card.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 6m 20d

when I get random drops below 100 I crack the sh*ts hahah, Tom - I HIGHLY recommend getting a 120-144hz monitor mate to make use of all the frames you're getting the 60hz monitors cap at 60fps which means all your extra frames are being wasted which are vital milliseconds of extra information displayed on the screen. Plus youtube vids being capped at 30fps dont do it any justice - when you play in 119.94hz mode on BF4 its silky smooth and feels like everything moves faster in a sense because its just so inexplicably smooth, dont let any website or person tell you that the trained eye cant see more than 60hz because its utter bullsh*t... when my game randomly changes to 59.94hz I can instantly tell because the game has alot of microstutter.

Tug_Mckenzie the bloke I mainly play with changed his CPU and mobo to a 4770K and a Z87 Sabertooth, kept his 6990's in crossfire and is now matching me for frames, before with his AMD motherboard and CPU (3-4years old) he was struggling in the 30-50's...something to maybe consider Masda incase you're disappointed with what the extra card brings.

also, Windows 8.1 IS A MUST (increases the frames at least 20% aswell) - I'm on windows 8 unable to change because the company that made my pc for me put the OS on the SSD and partitioned everything else onto a HDD and I keep encountering an error/fail every time I DL the update.. and im not prepared to do a fresh install (computer illiterate for the most part)

Edited by HenchandshreddedandtannedA

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members

Masda, have a look into activating the new Mantle option in Video options, this puts less stress on the CPU and a little more on the Vcard.

I find the CPU is the main thing that bottlenecks fps in this game. Even my high end 4770k cpu gained 20+fps from the tiny overclock to 4.2ghz.

You need the AMD 14.1 beta drivers to access the Mantle option (Instead of DX11) in the options.

Az, $600 for a monitor! I have 27" and don't really wanna go backwards. Will it make me instantly as good as you? Lol

Edited by TomT

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

Well I still have the original I7 920. Maybe it is time to upgrade the motherboard and cpu.

The question is whether or not I can still use the RAM I have at the moment.

Upgrade to windows 8.. I think not. I may consider upgrading to windows 8.1, but that means I have to cough up some more dough for windows.

FFS.

What about the mods for my car............

Just cant win anymore.