Gtx3576R.

xrr40l

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 26d
17 minutes ago, turboknapp said:

Low mount 6boost mate 

Cool, look forward to seeing how it goes. What a/r housing did you use? Might look into this at a later stage.

I briefly asked the bloke at 6boost about making a low mount T3 manifold. In his words "no one else in the world would be stupid enough to put a 0.83 housing on a XR6T" Lol!

But the BW 0.83 seems bigger in every dimension compared to the Garrett 1.06. Should have taken some pics of them side by side.

• Member For: 12y 8m 9d

Nice sixman!! Very jelly!

What was the fitment like? I too have been contemplating a low mount T4 manifold, but think it might not be worth the trouble. I think low 400's on pump 98 is about the limit for these cars.

Would you mint letting me know who you got it from and the price? PM is fine

So whats it drive like, are you impressed with the effort it's taken? Do you think now you should have gone the 9180? Would be keen as mustard to see a dyno graph and some video footage, I believe they sound killer!

• Donating Members

A few people have asked me where I got the turbo from. It was through a friend and so not available to all. Maybe speak to Jet who can source most things cheap. It is an expensive setup! I did not make any huge saving.

I did find a group on ebay based in Florida who worked out a bit cheaper.

Are you going low mount? If so get a manifold made where the T4 flange sits further back towards the firewall. Will make the install much easier and you may not need to move the power steer resovoir.

• Donating Members

Demon, I wish I had gone with this turbo from the beginning. It sounds better than the precision or garrett, and the driveability is something else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Heads up. There is a efr8374 replacement - efr8474 in the pipeline. Looks like potentially a perfect street turbo for the barra

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

Double heads up the GTX gen2 3576R is good for 750hp/560kw and we all know how conservative Garrett are with their ratings so bring on 500rwkw on a 76 !!!

• Like 3