Engine Number Needed.... To The Pits?

WILD_XR

• Member For: 14y 6m 8d

Hey guys,

Im in a little bit of a dilemma here.. noone seems to give me the right info.

Cut along story short, I blew my motor a year and a half ago on the dyno and now Im at the stage of selling the car I found out the new motor installed by my tuner doesnt have an engine number??

I assumed when you get a new engine a number comes with it??

The tuner purchased the BFF6 motor from ford.

Now ive been told from the RTA after spending an hour on the phone that in order to get the engine number I need a full blue slip and then it literally needs to go to the pits for a full inspection.

Is this right??

All work done to this car has been done by a reputable tuner with 380rwkw but I know what the pits are like... In other words... Im fuked!!!

The tuner is telling me I only need to go to the police station and go through them??

Is there anyone else that can give me advise that has been in the same situation??

Thanks.

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 8d

I can't tell you the full story but I can tell you, you don't need to go to the police (fark knows why you would need to do that) but you will need to get a full inspection.. Tough luck bud where ya from?

From Sydney mate. Trying to sell the car to help pay for my wife's cancer treatment bills. Last thing I need is to be stung by the pits, etc. at the moment every cent counts so I'm looking at all options here...

Mmmm.... If only I was more aware at the time. I just assumed all was well until now when I'm trying to sell the car.

Spewing. Looks like Il have to bite the bullet and listen to the RTA and take it down to the pits.

I was hoping there was another legal way of doing this.