Must. Have. Traction!

The Kerb Warrior

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 30d

^ just outta curiosity, WTF do you need to get traction in first on a 400+rwkw car?cant be that farking hard, not even R888 in 305 wide will get traction in first?

Full slicks and a drag strip.

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 3m 30d

18's are going to get waaaayyyyy better traction then 20's. I went back to standard ba 17's, and even with a cheaper 255 tyre, traction is 4x better then my 19's.

19's felt like I was in the wet compared to the 17's.

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 13d

TomT what are those rims called? They look tidy as.

Lenso D1R

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 28d

You can get traction with 19s, but tyre choice is limited and expensive. I have Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2 245 35 19 with 323rwkw. Can (mostly, not always) get traction through second at wot.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 24d

Lenso D1R

Oh wow, stupid question. Not like I've just been looking at Lenso D1R's for the past hour or anything... haha. Sorry mate, just looked a little different in the picture.

Tryna figure out whats gonna look best on white... I like black, but not so keen without any lip... I like black with the red lip but not sure if I like it enough. Not keen on silver/chrome... And don't mind white with red lip.... Too many choices haha

• Donating Members

Also Tom, what brakes have you got for pushing out over 400rwkw... And did you have any issues fitting want you wanted with the D1R's?

I'm thinking going some DBA T3 4000 Cross Drilled/Slotted with Bendix SRT pads...

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 13d

Only just made over 400 still at low KMs so still factory brakes, I've heard you can fit 4spot brembos under so I think that's the way I'll go

• Donating Members

Fair enough. I love brembo's too, were great on my old BFII Phoon. Had sh*t tyres on it though so didn't help much haha. Honestly though I personally don't think I could justify the money for them if they didn't come on whatever car I bought. Also TomT it looks like you've lowered it... Have you just chucked some springs on? Or have you gone like, Tein adjustable suspension pack? If just springs (like kings or something), do you find that at all affects the traction? I'd imagine it would a little bit... Feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone.