Lowering Fg Ute

AndreK

• Member For: 11y 3m 9d

Gidday guys, new to forum. Keen on gathering advice and insight on FPVs.

This is my 2011 Black F6 ute as attached.

I'm wanting some advice on what is needed and advised to get to lower my ute. I've heard about lowering blocks, springs for front and resetting the leafs for the rear. I'm wanting some serious 500+ rwhp mods in the future so what products would be best suited for the longevity of the running gear; not so much driving comfort.

Cheers

post-67700-0-16342800-1376619789_thumb.j

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

Another WA guy !

I had 2" blocks in my ute and they were horrible so I went resets and the blocks are now sitting in my garage gathering dust.

If you want more than 2" at the back, then maybe 1" blocks and a reset.

If you lower the front much, be prepared for a camber kit unless you can afford new front tyres every year.

I highly recommend WA Suspensions in Ozzie park. They will not bullsh*t you and give great service.

As for horsepower, have a look in the +300 and +400 sections to see what others are doing.

Also look in the WA Section for monthly cruises so we can meet you and SteveR can show you his mad precision parking skills.

• Member For: 15y 8m 21d

Lowering blocks are a pain and sacrifice handling. Get a reset leaf springs and coil overs for the front. I'd recommend Shockworks coil over system, as they have been designed for the FG cars.

As for power and control, it depends what your goals are? When I was running the ute daily with a 460rwkw tune it handle fine with standard suspension. A little boaty in the hills but still nothing as bad as people claim.

I've been in a ute where a mates just slammed it with kings and blocks.. and my god, it's terrible! couldn't stand how awful it handled.

But then again, it's up to the individual!

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 11d

Herrod rear leaf springs (Reversed eye to reduce ride height without reducing ride quality) it's a king spring set to their spec

Coilover Front and adjustable body rear shock ...

Shockworks have a good coilover setup for $1700 rear herrod leaf is around $1200 from memory

This setup will yield an almost sedan like handling.

I have Pedders with the Herrod rear leaf atm and not happy at all with the pedders coilovers and I am going down the Shockworks route, with this setup I get no axle tramp what so ever but just want better compliance from the shocks themselves and that's why I am going with Shockworks

Brett who has designed these Shockworks coilovers claims that he has done all the R&D for the RSPEC GT Ute and Sedan and has developed many of Fords dampening and shock setups from the BF through to the FG.

There is more info on Shockworks on the AFF forums.

Hope this help mate.

Edited by vixenf6

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 2d

Herrod rear leaf springs (Reversed eye to reduce ride height without reducing ride quality) it's a king spring set to their spec

Coilover Front and adjustable body rear shock ...

Shockworks have a good coilover setup for $1700 rear herrod leaf is around $1200 from memory

This setup will yield an almost sedan like handling.

I have Pedders with the Herrod rear leaf atm and not happy at all with the pedders coilovers and I am going down the Shockworks route, with this setup I get no axle tramp what so ever but just want better compliance from the shocks themselves and that's why I am going with Shockworks

Brett who has designed these Shockworks coilovers claims that he has done all the R&D for the RSPEC GT Ute and Sedan and has developed many of Fords dampening and shock setups from the BF through to the FG.

There is more info on Shockworks on the AFF forums.

Hope this help mate.

so your saying you have coilovers with your leaves?

Basically theres three ways you can go that arent dodgy.

1. economy/average handling: (.5-1k)

King springs front, reset rears. sligghhtttlllyyy better handling, nothing special at all though.

2. intermediate/better handling: (2-2.5k)

kings/pedders springs front, kings/herrod leaves rear, replace bushes and shocks with pedders/koni/belstein. much better than stock, still a leaf sprung ute though.

3. advanced/great handling: (5-6k+)

Adjustable coilovers front, (XYZ,TIEN ETC) new bushes. 4 link rear with adjustable coilovers and all bushes re done. 4 link is very pricey (4k) but will scare even evos and the like around a track. get big brakes and you will have a very unassuming car that will embarrass most "track" cars with the right tryes, camber etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...