Fg Droped A Valve

blueprintbullet

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

Ratter, on a stock car, assuming the chain guide hasn't jumped, no overheating, no constantly hitting the limiter, etc. What are the chances of this happening, ie. a normal car, nothing wrong, just your standard services? I'm guessing the chance is close to 0 without some other contributing factor.

In that case, I'd be putting this to Ford, get them to explain how it could happen to a car where the chain hadn't jumped.

Also, ratter how come the chain jumps? It sounds like it's more common than I first thought?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

Let me know if you require any help with this. I am a metallurgist and failure investigation is my profession.

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d

I have never seen a valve break on one of these motors and would assume if it hit the piston it would be bent enough not to seal and have issues from the time it hit.

My opinion of what causes the chain to jump is people giving it a bit and then backing off quickly, I have no proof of this just my opinion as I have seen them jump without the guide being broken

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

When I first got my car, I'd thump it and then take my foot off when I hit the speed limit and there'd be a clunk go through the car, at a guess I thought the Diff when there was the sudden change from acceleration to 0 input. Since then I take my foot of slowly rather than "letting go" of the pedal, it avoids the clunk which sounds and feels crap.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 16d

Finally heard back from Nuford and his answer was that Ford has decided its not a warranty claim! When I asked for it in writing it seems that Nuford alone has decided its not a warranty claim.I also had my mechanic pull out a inlet valve and in the lathe it showed an slight bend easily seen to the eye.

Edited by blueprintbullet