2010 G6E Turbo- Xforce Cat Back Exhaust?

GOLTEN

• Member For: 11y 3m 18d

First time 'poster', long time 'reader'.... well not really, but here goes!

I have just recently bought a 2010 G6E Turbo (50th ann.) in white. Absolutely love the car, just looking for a more distinguished exhaust note. It goes like a rocketship but unfortunately does not sound like I want it to.

The car was first registered mid 2011 so I still want to maintain the factory warranty, therefore I believe a cat back system will keep that in tact and still give me the note that I require (without a tune?). And heck- I can always add to the cat back at a later date.

Trawling the internet for the last couple of days it seems like the Xforce twin 2.5" may be the way to go for the budget conscious (which I currently am). It seems to get a reasonable gig in most articles. Is this the case?

Living in Melbourne I am shopping around for the best deal possible to install one of these systems. I was hoping someone on this site could point me in the right direction as I have no one in my contact list who can provide assistance in this matter. Thanks in advance!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 24d

Have you considered fitting it yourself? That is going to be best for your budget!

You could also look at finding the best deal for getting it delivered to you and get a local garage to fit it.

• Member For: 18y 7m 9d

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Falcon-FG-XR6-Turbo-Sedan-Dual-2-1-2-Cat-Back-Mild-Steel-X-Force-System-/161010704331?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257cfc5fcb

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Falcon-FG-XR6-Turbo-Sedan-Dual-2-1-2-Cat-Back-Stainless-Steel-X-Force-System-/171026833973?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d1fe6235

choose your material.

I bought a turbo back xforce from this mob for $990 (mild steel) and it's been fine, way way easier on a hoist (I thought about doing in driveway but car would need to be at a massive height to get the rear section around the diff)

Also then needed the slip joint in the rear wheel well tack welded as the clamp couldn't be done up tight enough - you do get what you pay for afterall. Mechanic only charged like $160 to fit

• Member For: 11y 3m 18d

I'm thinking about canning the idea (cat back system) and just upgrading the cat to a high flow and maintaining the stock exhaust. As far as power goes, I'm really only looking for 280-300rwkw long term. Looking at other threads it seems that the standard exhaust is capable. Obviously I need other components such as injectors, air intake, intercooler piping, and a tune.

Saying all of that, I will probably wait until I'm out of warranty and can afford to do it all at once.

For anyone who has upgraded the cat to a high flow 100 cell and kept the rest of the exhaust stock, is the exhaust note noticably deeper/throatier than when it's stock?

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y

I bought a turbo back xforce from this mob for $990 (mild steel) and it's been fine, way way easier on a hoist (I thought about doing in driveway but car would need to be at a massive height to get the rear section around the diff)

That is soo cheap, considering a Venom bolt-in cat is $495. I did not realise a whole system can be bought for $990.

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 16d

For anyone who has upgraded the cat to a high flow 100 cell and kept the rest of the exhaust stock, is the exhaust note noticably deeper/throatier than when it's stock?  

Yes the system is deeper/throatier with dump+cat done stock catback