Ba Upgrade Brake's

Poelwyk

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

hey guys I have a MK1 BA XR6 turbo and it has the factory brakes witch are 298MM and iv been offered a upgrade premo brakes with are 325MM now the issue I have is the thread in the calipers have been cross threaded..

now what would be required to be done to them so I can fit them to my car..?

• Member For: 12y 9m 16d

Take them to a brake repairer and see if they can be helicoiled - if yes, then get all the pieces for the swap - plus think about some new hoses or braided hoses. These things are getting on a bit in years.

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

yeah this is why I thought about doing this as there bigger then what I have on the car at them moment ... got a price to reco the calipers and its gonna cost $120 per caliper + fixing of thead what ever the price is new Disk's all round its a Sum of $500 + pads at 250ish .. the braided lines... im looking at alittle over 1,000 to do witch is not that bad... just got to get over the issue of the crossthred..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 12d

Yeah I would normally agree but with the expansion and contraction from heat of the brakes I would be concerned, although having said that I have helicoiled sparkplugs in heads before.

But I have also seen helicoils get pulled out before from over tightening and not being done correctly.