Snowy Cruise 2013

EvilDaifu

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 2d

OK, for NSW people living in Sydney or comming from the North (I assume you'll come down with us Tab?) :

We'll be departing from Mt Annan Shell at 11:30 AM taking the Narellan Rd on ramp to the Hume Hwy South Bound. The trip to Jindabyne is around 415km and we're looking at 4 hours 20 mins wihout breaks.

We can stop either at the Southbound BP Service Centre at Marulan (approx 12:30-40 PM) or somewhere in Goulbourn off the Hume Hwy (approx 1:00 PM) for Lunch and Toilet Break. It's another hour on from Goulbourn before we'd reach the next 'Lunch' stop (pretty much Canberra).

We will then continue down the Hume Hwy and take the Federal Hwy to the left towards Canberra. We will stop in the suburbs of Canberra somewhere to meet up with the ACT people and for a Toilet Break at around 2:45 PM before continuine down the Monaro Hwy towards Jindabyne

We should arrive in Jindabyne at about 4:45-5:00 PM.

For those in ACT/Canberra, the fastest route looks to be taking the Majura Rd Exit off the Federal Hwy, travel for a bit and Straight on to the Monaro Hwy and past the suburbs of Fyshwick and Narrabundah which will take us on down to Jindabyne or alternatively we go through the centre of Canberra (and get stuck in afternoon traffic). However, if you live north/south/somewhere else that's more convenient to meet up with us then fire away :beerchug:

• Blown Happiness
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 24d

There is a Woolworths Caltex servo on the corner of Monaro Hwy / Sheppard St Hume.. Would be a good spot for everyone to meet, you guys could have a pit stop and get food / fuel etc...

Anyways, let me know if that works for you.. Can meet you all there at 2.45 - 3pm.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

Nah I'm not coming via Sydney so will just meet you guys at Jindy. If I can time it well enough I'll maybe see you in Canberra but that'd just be fluke. So don't wait around for me.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 16d

Thanks tab-meister :thumbsup:

I also checked on that special Living Social deal - apparently that's like a groupon rate for selected days only (depends on existing bookings as there are black out periods) and it was not available for this weekend. It's usually only open for a limited time as well as it has to chime in with deals with local food places. Happy to be proven wrong though!

This year they have free WiFi at Alpine Gables :w00t2: great for quality ummm forum browsing :roflmbo:

Here's the current Cruise List - please let me know if I need to make any changes :spoton:

CRUISE LIST:
1. EvilDaifu VIC (4 days)
2. Upinder VIC
3. o2sucka NSW (4 days)
4. RHR NSW (3 days)
5. PookeyMaster NSW (4 days)
6. HER-XRT VIC (3 days) with k31th VIC
7. tab QLD (3 days)

8. aussie_dozer (3 days) ACT

9. Rudiger +Betsy VIC (Yes lads, I'm back) (3 Days)

10. rjs NSW (3 Days)

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 11d

I have a car load now. It will be Rudiger, Betsy and "The Boy". Well that's if he gets over the upset tummy he has.

Going over the girl tomorrow to make sure everything is tight and shiny where it should be.

Gary will still up for 8 at Wallan on Friday?