Snowy Cruise 2013

EvilDaifu

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 14d

Yeah nah....

Sorry guys, I'm out - too many bills and not enough spare money to do it all!

Definitely going to be sorry I missed it this year, I'll do a jig for you all at home anyway....

• Blown Happiness
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 24d

Hey guys, got sent a email from Living social.. cheap accomodation at alpine gables..

https://www.livingsocial.com/escapes/898568-jindabyne-for-2?afsrc=1&msdc_id=384-canberra&utm_campaign=digest_escapespipelineau&utm_content=384&utm_medium=email&utm_source=blast

$149 for 2 people for 2 nights.. Sure is better than what they were going to charge.

Pat I wish you can at least jump in with some one.. This will be my last year.. well at least with a Ford. The GT will be going up for sale after the cruise. So I really hope you can come.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 15d

Thanks Aussie - they gave us a rate of $90 per night twin share which is $5 less than the current Wotif 7 day stay rate and $25 below the Wotif 2 night stay so we aren't doing too bad. But I'll check if the Living Social rate is a bonafide rate - just seems a little too good to be true at $75 per night with 50% off breakfast and complimentary WiFi. I don't recall seeing any secure garage car parking nor any free WiFi which makes me think the Living Social offer may have got something wrong. Or maybe only a few rooms have that special rate I.e. limited supply and the rest are priced differently?

Also, I don't want to screw them down too much as they have been pretty good to us in the past and I'd like to continue using them. My view is $90 is okay and I don't want Alpine Gables to go out of business. I travel a lot for work and for what you get for $90 is pretty good at Alpine Gables in my opinion. But like I mentioned - I'll follow up with them :thumbsup:

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 11d

This cruise just got serious. I'm in thanks to Gary who is just a top bloke. So make sure you bring your good cameras. I will buy a beer for the first person who takes a pic of my car and gets the colour right. Photoshop not allowed.

I'll be happy to bring up the rear thanks to experiences in another cruise that have left me quite gun shy. And I WILL NOT be going anywhere near Omeo or Hotham!!!!!!!

I know its less than 2 weeks away, but guys, this is without doubt the best cruise on the calendar. Great scenery, great roads, and it's organised by the best cruise controller on the forum so you know its gotta be good.

So come along.

I missed it last year due to illness but not this one.

Looking forward to catching up with you all.