What To Buy - Xr6T Or G6Et?

Eze Rider

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

Personally I would get a Optioned out XR6T, that's what I went out and got as I wanted all the Luxury features which isn't all that much extra. The only thing you cant get on XR6T is memory seats that you have to buy a G6E for.

an XR6T with just upgraded springs will handle excellent for a 1800kg car its unbelievablely good as that's all my XR6T Seems to have. Even though it's not a G6E but has nearly every G6E Feature it feels quite like a Luxury car to drive at times

When I was buying, I looked at and was basically deciding between a fully optioned XR6T and a G6ET. One thing to consider is that the Auto on the XR6T adds $2k which is included in the G6ET so when I was looking, the price difference ended up being about $2.5k. If you wanted a Manual in the XR6T then you'd have a $4.5k difference which would wipe out the 'extras' included in the G6ET and then some.

For that extra $2.5k (compared to a fully optioned XR6T) you got 8-way power seats (XR6T is only 4-way), memory for the seats, electro chromatic rear-vision mirror, side turn mirror indicators (as opposed to in the side of the body which are replaced with a G6ET badge so a 'cost' there), Perimeter Alarm, Front door Scuff plates, LED lights and overhead Sunglasses holder. In the process you lost the LSD. Then you decided between softer or harder suspension.

In all, I figured the extras were worth $2.5k as its likely that's a figure Ford would charge if they offered them bundled as an 'extras' pack. In terms of the LSD, the ESC/Traction Control do a similar job when they brake/accelerate each wheel or cut engine power, etc so unless you want to do burnouts or serious track sessions, you probably won't notice the LSD and the ESC stuff creates a similar effect to a real LSD, a few people who have owned both have agreed. As for suspension, that's really a personal opinion call but if you're planning on do suspension work, it really doesn't matter which one you start with in which case you go back to do you like the style of one and is $2.5k worth the extras.

Not saying one is better than the other, but its really a personal call. The cost of the extras in the G6ET is not unreasonable so it comes down to the styling and how much an LSD means to you. If you're like me and didn't mind the styling of either, it came down to the G6ET having Cashmere which I thought looked really 'cool' (and I've had plenty of people complement the car for it, Ford should only promote the Cashmere in the G series), not caring too much about the LSD and planning to get a TruTrac later anyway and I figured $2.5k was OK for the extras.

Really? I love the piano black in my G6ET, although my interior is cashmere so it probably suits it more...

Same, I really like the Black but I also have the Cashmere interior. I think the Silver would look tacky with Cashmere, the Black/Cream combo works really well.

• Member For: 13y 3m 16d

The 50th is not silver, it's titanium. The photos don't really do it justice . It works very well with the black leather. The cashmere and piano black match nicely.

As for why I got a G6ET over the XR6 it was partly for the sleepy look,no body kit or boot spoiler etc and also the leather is much better(at least if feels better) with the memory seating, passenger mirror dipping for reverse, rear camera all standard.

I factored in the true trac but also added the alloy brake/accelerated pedals which adds a nice touch( should have been standard).

• Member For: 13y 3m 16d

Dude mines white with black leather, not much interior designer about that. XRs have the designer cloth interior and stitching on gear shift and steering wheel, colour coordinated with the duco. Mines more about going a bit faster, stopping a bit better and handling a bit better.

• Member For: 16y 10m 2d

I've just got a quote on a XR6T with that drive away deal $39490 Man.

I've added the Luxo Pack, Towpack, swapped the wheels in the luxo pack with G6ET 19" ones as they look way better imo, Flaps, Windsheilds, Dashmat. $46K,

So that's great bang for the buck.

IMO the G6ET, (which is what I wanted) should come with a slippery diff OE, and a choice of sports (XR) or STD (G6ET) suspension.

And the N/A XR6 should be tweaked to make more KW (225) & NM than a std N/A Falcon.

• Like 1