senna_T

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d

Beds booked for the Barry Sheene Tribute Ride for the MotoGP

Have been wanting to do it for years - finally get the chance

Im doing MotoGP for the first time this year too - we've booked our accommodation in Cowes - should catch up for a beer?

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

Sounds good - my vans about a 5-10 minute walk from Main St so should be pretty easy to catch up.

What day are you headed there?

• Like 1

• Moderating Team

We are leaving Sydney on Wednesday - staying at Lakes Entrance wed night

Thurs (lunchtimeish?) we arrive at Cowes

Monday we are leaving and staying at Gundagai on the way back.

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 26d

made a new mount for my gopro yesterday.

Went out this morning for some knee down action ( LOL )

Havnt been out for about 10 months so I was very tentative on the twistys.

so I got some gear shift and leg action

post-60962-0-07063200-1438989476_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderating Team

Your doing the Sheene ride as well?

First ive heard of it lol

I'll have a look at it, and put it to the lads.

We are still umming and arring about what tickets to buy at the MotoGP, im leaning towards just general admission, that way we can wander around the track, instead of kinda being obliged to sit in one grandstand and get your 11ty billion dollars worth. Have you been before? Any advice?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 13d

A mate and I are seriously considering booking a trip to the TT next year. We're also then looking at flying to France, hiring motorbikes and riding the LONG way around through the Pyrenees to Le Mans...just quietly, this could be the greatest trip of my life!

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 4

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d
First ive heard of it lol

It leaves from Bairnesdale on thursday morning - the town is just down the road from Lakes (like seriously it's the next town on the way to Cowes)

Ends at the track with a ride around the circuit.

Actually - depending what time you leave Lakes you'll more than likely become part of it by default - may as well make it official and get the bonus of the lap around the track instead of wondering about the 1,000 odd bikes on the road with you that morning

Sheene ride

Have you been before? Any advice?

I've been to almost every GP and WSB there since 89 (have got my own onsite van in Cowes). Have never been other than general admission. The track has so many fantastic viewing positions you'd limit yourself too much by picking a grandstand without getting a feel for the track first. I'd recommend general - you can always upgrade to a stand for the Sunday once you've worked out if you need one or not. Definitely walk around the circuit first (I find anti clockwise the best way - gets rid of the tough slogs early) Try to beat my mates effort of a doughnut from each stand on the way around.

Other advice: food on the Island is awesome. Try to get to Eddie's pizza (Isola Di Capri) at least once. He's an institution and huge fan of the bikes (memorabilia and pics etc - in a "here we are with Rossi in Italy" way, not a tacky way). Mexican at the other end of town is also great - better than any Taco Bill I've been to. Steak is great in the joint at the Chapel St/Main St roundabout.

Pies from the Cowes bakery are the best I've had - depending on how hungover you are it's either one of them for brekkie on the way to the track, or the "hangover plate" from the hippy looking place down the road.

Seafood at Harry's is also top notch, but usually blows the budget for a "boys weekend"

Definitely head down to Seal Rock and do the walk to the blow hole. Head to the penguins and koalas if it's of any interest.

If buying meat for the BBQ the butcher in San Remo or the meat co-op on the road to seal rock/penguin parade are a big level above what the supermarkets offer.

Last bit of advice: pack sunscreen and wet weather gear. It's usually stinking hot, pissing down or both.

Also - take an empty can or block of wood with you to put under your bikes side stand when you park it. The ground can get soggy. That should stop it from sinking into the ground.

Edited by Rab
  • Like 1