senna_T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

Fantastic race.

We were just before the 1st corner - got to see most of the action (will have to watch Lorenzo's move up at the hayshed though - didn't see it, but it sounded pretty ballsey)

Has definitely been the best championship in years and going to go down to the wire :)

• Like 2

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 1m 21d

I like bikes with peddles. Na. Naturally alcoholic. When cops say I cant drive anymore. Been there done that.

Needs to get my license so I stop running kms up on the fraud.

Edited by Bizkets is fat?

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 26d

Fantastic race.

We were just before the 1st corner - got to see most of the action (will have to watch Lorenzo's move up at the hayshed though - didn't see it, but it sounded pretty ballsey)

Has definitely been the best championship in years and going to go down to the wire :)

Great race, had me out of my seat yelling at the TV.

Andrea Iannone's move on both Marquez and Rossi at the bottom of Lukey was something Ive never seen before, sensational!!!

Funny, Lorenzo had the sh@ts with Iannone after qualifying, but was his best friend after he came third and kept Rossi off the podium.

Looking forward to see if Lorenzo can shrink the points gap at Malaysia this weekend.

Would be good if they arrived at Valencia where it would be winner takes the championship!!!!!

• Like 1

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 22d

Almost there.

Fuel pump still to be relocated.

Complete installation of the data logger.

Install a 10psi waste gate spring as that is now my low boost setting.

Fire it up.

Do a couple of heat cycles to make sure all is healthy.

Change oil and filter.

Strap it onto the dyno!!!

post-48538-0-62597300-1445252056_thumb.j

post-48538-0-75816400-1445252129_thumb.j

• Like 3

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d

Packed yet? Will be heading off Weds arvo (after work)

Did you look at joining the Sheene ride thursday morning?

Will be on the ZX14 with panniers - ZZR-14 numberplate - am sure you'd be able to find me out of the 1,000 odd bikes :P

Give us a buzz when you get to Cowes - 0418 544 763 - definitely up for a beer down the main street.

Faaaark!

Had a bad lead up - our accommodation at Cowes got cancelled on us a week out, so we had no option but to find somewhere in Cape Wollumi instead. By the time the bus got us back to our accommodation we were all too pooped to head into Cowes - but if I knew your number I would have headed in...... fark!

Fantastic race - and the ride between Omeo and Corryong was simply epic! Some of the best roads ive ever ridden on

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

That sucks - lucky you were able to get accomodation still relatively close.Should have still been a bit of action across the bridge at San Remo though?

Apart from a bit of rain on Saturday the weather was perfect for both the riding and the racing.

Glad to hear you made it there and home with just the accommodation being an issue.

Planning on returning to the island in the future?

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d

Cape Woolami (or however you bloody spell it) is still on Phillip Island, so we didnt have to cross the bridge. Where we stayed was about five kays past the chocolate factory on your left as you drive in. Theres a tavern, pizza shop, stonegrill restaurant, supermarket, hamburger place etc so it was more than adequate. It was obviously a tad more quiet than say Cowes, but this trip being our first we were more than happy.

Oh most friggin definately we will be back! Ive already contacted a managing agent that looks after holiday homes, to see if we can get some accommodation in Cowes next year. So keen! Some of the lads want to do the track day on the monday directly after the race. Aparrently theres a track day?!?!?!

And we are throwing up the idea of the Supers in late February too......

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Excellent :)

Look at doing the Sheene ride next year - isn't a fast ride, but farkin awesome.

We did detours through the small towns along the way to make sure we cruised past all the primary schools and damn - put a smile on my face to see all the kids lined up along the road getting a huge buzz and cheering on the 800 odd bikes that revved their way past them.

I know the area you stayed in - the big "A" frame building on the corner used to be a surf shop owned and run by Shirley Strachan (you may remember him from either Skyhooks, Hey Hey it's Saturday or Shirl's Neighbourhood on a sat morning - depending how old you are). Was pretty awesome to drop into the shop and chat with "Shirl the Curl". Farken heartbreaking when he passed away.

The blokes who camp beside me every year do the cruise down from Sydney each year - making sure they choose a different route each year and plan a spare day to do something new. This year it was the Vic Markets on the Friday (yeah - they rode from Cowes to checkout the Vic Markets in Melbourne)

We're looking at heading to the camp ground at the track next year (never tried it before) and getting down and dirty with the unwashed yobs. (caravan park is getting too "family friendly" - lights out by 10pm etc)

Am wrapped you got to be there for what was the best racing weekend in over a decade - am scared the next one won't have a chance of measuring up.

Superbike weekend is great - less people, but every one who attends is actually a bike rider. So much more a feeling of brotherhood with the crowd. Used to be my favorite weekend of the 2, but the Supers are definitely becoming the "also ran" of the sport :(

• Like 2