senna_T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 19d

Had another go at the strip the other night. Managed a 10.923 @ 136mph. Ill be fuked if I can get under a 2.0s 60 ft though. Tried everything but just keeps wanting to pick front wheel up even rolling it off the line. WOT in first just lifts it lol

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 22d

You could try launching at higher rpm. You may be trying to accelerate through the max torque band. So higher rpm will have you launching in it and missing the big curve upwards in torque.

Takes some commitment though.

Just keep trying and watch what fast guys do.

Speaking of R1's.

Here's the sump off an 06 that poked a hole out the front of the block on Saturday.

To its credit, it's making 200hp at the wheel and has been a full time drag bike for years.

Literally hundreds of laps on a stock, unopened bottom end.

The owner was picking up bits of conrod and big end caps off the track.

"What's wrong with yer bike?"

"Piston broke"

"I know you are, but what's wrong with yer bike?"

-Fred Gassit- 20 years ago.

post-48538-0-85138600-1427114844_thumb.j

Edited by Boganspeed
  • Like 3

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Had another go at the strip the other night. Managed a 10.923 @ 136mph. Ill be fuked if I can get under a 2.0s 60 ft though. Tried everything but just keeps wanting to pick front wheel up even rolling it off the line. WOT in first just lifts it lol

It just takes time and practice. Your bike could crack a high 9

• Member For: 11y 8m 18d

Just keep trying mate, you will get there eventually. Try filling your tank up just before you get the strip. The extra fuel will help a little. I managed a 9.89 on my old beema when I went to the strip. So hard to keep the wheel on the ground in 1st and 2nd. I think most of the 1000cc supersport bikes are capable of high 9's. My best 60' for the night was 1.79 but it wasn't on my quickest pass.

dragphoto_zps73a2abc1.jpg

BMWS1OffStreetBike060313_16_zps6f9bf021.

IMG_0614_zpsb4a342bb.jpg

Link to video here from the night : https://vimeo.com/80598428

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 19d

I <3 Bananas that's awsome times jet! yeah I know I need to just keep practicing. I did what you said and topped the tank up before I went for a little bit of help to keep the front end down. The r1's come stock with a 17t front sprocket and mine has a 15t so its really snappy and loves picking the front wheel up. I think that may be affecting my 60ft a bit.

I did watch a lot of the guys on street bikes and they were starting with really high revs actually then when they clutched out it dropped back then off they went. Might have to give it a try.

• Like 1