Leather Or Cloth Trim Fg

Mcfear

• Member For: 10y 10m 19d

Well I went to dealer and spoke to a bloke in service dept,

Told him my leather was peeling on the seats. When he came out to see the seats and showed him where it was peeling,

With no hesitation he said " oh there, yep you shouldnt have a problem getting that replaced. I thought you meant on the sides of the back rest where you get in and out of car where you tend to rub all the time getting in and out, but being there

You should have no problem what so ever".

So car is booked in next week for there upholsters to see and get codes and color to replace seat leather.

As I new already and confirmed by him, It is very cheap grade leather ford use but even then it should still not peel but maybe scratch easier. Just goes to show how really crap grade ford use on their interior.

So im pretty happy that I didnt have to put up an argument and happy to say seats will be replaced under warranty.

Edited by G6ET MKII
  • Like 2

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 7d

Not yet you haven't but I hope you do , it'll possibly stop you whining about the quality and grade of the leather ford use (expert ?) and your version of what peeling is supposed to look like, mine is fine, my mates G6 is, his bf Ghia is also and I am sure most others are ok too as I don't see or hear anyone whining about it often, not all the same obviously, mine has 3yrs of sun and 96000klms, not one drama...

Rab what is your problem mate!!

I know what peeling is and looks like. The bloke at dealer him self said the leather they use is crap and they have had cars come in with same problem that they have repaired under warranty. Im glad your leather has stood the test of time. Mine hasn't, but mine doesnt have have squeaks and rattles like others do.

So rab you would think all cars come off the line exactly the same but reality is they dont.

When you buy brand new and there are defects you use the warranty period to have these defects fixed.so mines booked in mate.

• Banned
  • Banned

I don't have a problem, from my view, it looks like a rag and with my personal experience in our cars with higher mileage etc, there has been no real reason to suggest they're all sh*t because I had a drama.

It's not like diff bushes that pop up all the time is it ?

Anytime a person at a dealer says anything the customer doesn't like, they're clueless fukwits, one guy goes in with some marks and all leather is sh*t, he'll replace the whole lot (to customers glee) and all of a sudden he's a top bloke in the know ! yup.

As I said, to me, it looks like a rag, same position in both seats, doesn't look like peel and sounds like someone has something that has caught it based on photo but hey, I couldn't give a rats ass but to say its all sh*t cos you have drama and some bloke at a dealer agreed maketh the truth not, agree ?

Couple of dramas with leather doesn't mean the whole 20,000 cars fitted with leather are sh*t, its a numbers game, can you see that ?

Anyway, good luck with the outcome, hope you get it replaced ! :)

Mate you are still missing the point, leather is not supposeed to peel or rag (as you call it)and if you read my posts carefully I never said Ford cars are sh*t. I enjoy driving my car and and my opinion, its the best model ford and best value car on the road for the comfort and power its got. As for dealer I didnt give a toss if he agreed with me or not. All I know that leather is not suppose to rip , peel, crack or rag (as you put it). Yes both seats same spot, if it was me or mrs getting in out of the car that made the leather rip, peel, crack or rag (as you put it) that's not my problem because I know leather shouldnt be doing that. So I was adamant that the leather in my car is not up to standard for my liking and I wanted fixed under warranty. I was lucky enough the dealer agreed with me and I didnt have to put up an argument. Like I said to you in previous post not all cars come off the line exactly the same, some have different issues . Mine happens to be leather. The other 20,000 cars have other issues or none at all. If ford actually tell you that its cheap grade leather and you should becareful getting in and out of the car well then you know what to expect. Anyway rab this is getting boring now, you have your opinion and I have mine. Im happy to say my leather is getting replaced under warranty and that's what I wanted.

• Member For: 12y 3m 24d

I have leather in my FG, I am wondering is this the type of leather that needs conditioning? I don't remember seeing anywhere in my Ford Owner book to apply conditioner to it, or does only real leather require conditioning?

• Banned
  • Banned

Does a wooden fence need painting ? Does grass need cutting ? Do windows need washing ? No, but they look and work better/last longer etc with a bit of care and maintenance. Ps, what is "real " leather ?? Ask the professional above or go see his dealer, he knows what is and isn't, apparently. ! :) Peeling leather vvvvvv

102d732834077700dc357a372938a85e_zps942c0e41.jpg4c113eaacbbbe05c583d2485a89447d3_zps61af9271.jpg

I should clarify, I own a blind and curtain shop(have done for almost 20yrs) , we also do hotel work, complete interior renovations , blinds, curtains, awnings,matching pelmets, padded bed throws, 4 posters (medieval themes etc) SEAT UPHOLSTERY, LEATHER, suede etc..... Doh ! :D

Edited by Dagabond

Haha well!!!! I knew there was something about you rab that got you in a fluff about my leather. My pic above isnt probably as clear as yours but if you get your little magnyfying glass out rab and have a very close look at my leather, its at the beginning of what will happen to mine eventually looking like your pics. I'm pretty sure the pics your showing started off very very small peeling also mate. I'm still mind boggled why its irritating you so much that im getting my leather replaced under warranty, oh I know maybe its because you also you very cheap leather in your buisness and when people come back to complain you tell them its there fault because there suppose to
pyjamaswhen siiting on it.
Also there's no need to be rude to Z2T, he asked a question and you jumped down his throat. I hope that's not how you treat your customers but then the way you have commented on here I wouldnt be surprised.