Leather Or Cloth Trim Fg

Mcfear

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 7d

I'd ask her what she might have in the clothing dept that may have caused it, sure looks like a rivet mark or maybe even a pen in pocket etc, certainly doesn't look like a flaw or poor leather from what I can see from your photo .

• Member For: 10y 10m 19d

I discussed this with the mrs and she does not have any rivets or carries pens in her pocket.

This is suppose to be real leather and real leather is tough and virtually indistructable, you can run a blunt object along it and leather should not peel what so ever. Yes you can scratch it but not peel, it wont even puncture.

To me this is bonded leather not genuine leather. I think I have every right to ask dealer that I wont except this and this should not happen even if I do have metal studs on my jeans that's rubbing against the seats. Yes it will scracth leather but not peel.

Leather does not peel.

As you can see from pic its only signs of peeling there are no scratches visible.

I expect dealer to solve this issue for me.

• Banned
  • Banned

I discussed this with the mrs and she does not have any rivets or carries pens in her pocket.

This is suppose to be real leather and real leather is tough and virtually indistructable, you can run a blunt object along it and leather should not peel what so ever. Yes you can scratch it but not peel, it wont even puncture.

To me this is bonded leather not genuine leather. I think I have every right to ask dealer that I wont except this and this should not happen even if I do have metal studs on my jeans that's rubbing against the seats. Yes it will scracth leather but not peel.

Leather does not peel.

As you can see from pic its only signs of peeling there are no scratches visible.

I expect dealer to solve this issue for me.

From pic dude, looks like damage from something and not peeling(unless I have NFI what peeling skin/top layer is ??)

Same side on different seats ? Coincidence or ????

Leather isn't indestructible, I've left a mark like that on many a bolster with rivets on jeans, mobile phones (when they had antennas ) .

Pen in pocket, screw driver also !

Looks like what I'd call a rag mark, where a semi sharp object, ie, screw driver, has dragged across the surface knocking it....ie, no peeling, peeling will be like a scab, loose, bagging and like a loose piece of skin, this looks like none of those IMHO.

But your call, go to dealer, see what they say(good luck) ..oh, and If my wife done something like this, I'd never expect her to own up ! :D

Ps, you can't expect to start a thread for people to back you up and agree.....if they don't.. :)

Edited by rab

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Yes mark or scratch the leather I can understand but not peel. Leather should not peel.

Has yours peeled or just marked/scratched?

Just a little scuffed not peeling. Its very minor and it is only noticable just after I have cleaned them .

Run it by the dealer it cant hurt.

Rab I didnt start this thread, im just adding my leather seat problem to it.

Obviously you are not looking at pic properly, I know it not a good shot but to me its signs of peeling.

Im expecting dealer to say same thing you said that I have run something of the top of it.

Yes same spot on both seats, surley if it was ragged or sharp object no way it could have happend exactly same spot.

Maybe it is something of a bit of clothing me or the mrs wear, still its leather and should not peel it like that. scratch it yes

Anyway ill take to dealer and see what they say.

• Banned
  • Banned

Sorry, I thought it was yours, probably because we've discussed it mostly.

The fact its in the same area suggests something has caught it and ragged it but you could be right, pic isn't the best, just doesn't look like its lifting to me, looks ragged, just my observation,nothing more ! :)

No problem rab, always good to have a healthy discussion.
From what I've been told real leather should only scratch, scar (vein looking lines)
Leather its self should not lift,I'm talking top layer only and that's whats happened.
This must be the worst grade of leather there from what I've been told.
I'll keep you posted what dealer says but I will put up a good argument.
Weather I win or lose time will tell.