A Question Please

abbo69nz

• Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Hi there, I have a knock coming from the rear of my 2009 XR6T, Especially when going over bumps, the sharper the bump the louder the knock,

I took the car into my local ford dealership today to try and get it diagnosed,

They came back and said it has a few issues going on,

The rear diff bush is completely knackered so that needs doing

The rear sway link bushes are also shot, so they need doing too,

And finally on the job sheet it says that both Rear ball joints are shot RR Bottom and LR Top?.........

What part are they referring to? as my parts guy said there aren't rear ball joints as such on the car........ are they referring to another part? Control arm bushes or something?

any help would be great so my part's guy can order me the correct parts for the repairs

• Member For: 12y 2m 9d

I have these on my BA http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-Ford-Territory-Swivel-Bush-Kit-Rear-Upper-and-Lower-Control-Arm-/190798369301?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6c781215&_uhb=1

my old ones were shot! and these ones were cheap as! so I kinnda held little hope for em however, I had to rip the arse end apart the other week for wheel bearings and these have no play what so ever in them. think ive done about 8000k since installing them.

there roadsafe brand and I was talking to the guy from rooadsafe head office and he said he does not supplie these cheaply to the ebay seller and has no idea how or why he is selling at that price whan he supplies them for 80 each to him..(the ebay seller).

anyway im not saying buy them but I will say I have had no trouble with them at all and only 80 bucks not 600 from ford!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 9d

awesome website by the way

Wait a week and see if you still feel that way :toungepoke:

there roadsafe brand and i was talking to the guy from rooadsafe head office and he said he does not supplie these cheaply to the ebay seller and has no idea how or why he is selling at that price whan he supplies them for 80 each to him..(the ebay seller).

anyway im not saying buy them but i will say i have had no trouble with them at all and only 80 bucks not 600 from ford!

I use roadsafe balljoints/rose joints/tie rod ends all the time. I don't think you can beat them for price v quality. My suspension guys recommended them as they are used heavily by the taxi industry here in Perth and if they can survive day to day live in a cab they will last in any private car!