Bf2 Xr Turbo, 400Rwkw On 98

Henz

• Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Congrats again Henz awesome power on 98, im sure those 295s are bald allready ;-) , to what impellor said yes if using e/flex it can vary from E85 to E70 that's why we get tuned on United E85 as it is consistant all year round, I have a Zeitronix ethenol gauge so I can say that I have never seen more than E87 and less than E84.

Henz I drive my ute now for 5 days every 5th week and the fuel sits for the 4 weeks and I have never had a problem. I know you have your doubts, and im sure you have herd it before, but the difference in power delivery and how smoothit revs is crazy not to mention less boost for same power. Only down side I can see is you would have to upgrade your fuel system. You know you want too!

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 21d

Car was also dyno'd with the pink wheels running 295/ 20's which may have kept the recorded power down a little

Was the power down because of the diameter of the wheels, or the fact that they are pink?

#causedynohatesgheywheelcolour

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 1d

I think its more because he doesnt drive it enough and the fuel would just sit there for long periods, thus may not be any good anymore?

This.^^^^

I've done about 30km in 10 days in it. I'm woried e85 will go stale or destroy my tank/ lines etc.

And cold starts, if I do drive it I don't want to be sitting there cranking it for 5 minutes.

I think fuel setup wise ild need a 2nd 044, reg, fuel rail, injectors, rail fitting kit etc, not sure if worth it for 10-15kw.

Edited by Henz

• Member For: 14y 10m 28d

so whats the head lift issues with e85 ? at the same boost will a stock motor have trouble with head lifting compared to 98??

Nice result, might have to throw 20lb into mine and see what it pulls. Ill need clutch and surge first though

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 1d

Plenty of e85 cars lifting the head at 17-18psi even with 12mm studs!! I think it would be to do with cylinder pressures.

I don't need any more powers, but if I pursue racing there's not much scope for power left on 98. A gtx might get 15-20kw? But with more lag.

Needs naws.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 17d

Hey henz.. Great work. I jus bought a 12/06 bf Mkii and it has all the mods u have done but pw throttle body relocation and its only making 315rwkw.. It's running close to 18psi??? I only paid 8k for it as I work for ford and snap up all the good trades.. Took it to Wsid and it ran 12.7 @ 120mph with a 2.6 60" which I was very disappointed in.. Any suggestions what I can do to better my cars performance?? Anyone got ideas??