Brake Squeal Help!

jas98

• Member For: 12y 2m 11d

Hi Ba xr6t with the black factory PBR upgrade.

I just replaced pads and rotors and greased up the slides etc.

anyway have bed them in but they still sequel when comming to a medium to slow stop, WTF. The front pads are QFM HPX and rears are QFM superX.

They work f*cking great besides the sequel. they seem quieter when I give em heaps, but surely I shouldnt have to do 100 then come to a quick stop and do it again, inotherwords they have to be very very hot to stop squealing.....

Also when I brought them from a well knwn brake shop they gave me DB1086 for the rear, which is the same as the ford pad just slightly lower pad thickness, (that's what I was told, and they fit and looked identical lol).

also I cleaned off the disks before installing and bedding everything, any sugestions?

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

most squeals come from the back of the pad to piston..Bendix sell some blue paste to apply there..try that

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 15d

hi, no there not champhered, but I will try that, thanks,

yeah I got some red past to try aswell, CRC? I think

Don't take away too much though. I think most guys have taken off max 10mm top and bottom at like a 45 degree angle

are the rotors glazed? did you replace the rotors or have them machined? if not a bit of emery tape and rough up the surface of the disc and pads

Hi, rotors new all round, but if still the same I will trie this, thanks

Don't take away too much though. I think most guys have taken off max 10mm top and bottom at like a 45 degree angle

thanks. I have done this to the rears as I just attempted to adjust the handbrake (did not work, f*cking stupid handbrake haha) anyway I just used the cement to make the angle of the pad on bothedges on the pad and it seems to of helped allot, brakes still squeal bit not as bad, pretty certain the fronts need doing it aswell, also I used some CRC brake goop stuff on the rear pads while I had them off.

I will do the fronts and see how it goes

otherwise these brak pads are sooo bloddy grippy, stopping from 100 I nearly went through the windshield lol (just wanted to see how good they were haha)

thanks for all the tips

lol haha yeah, im not expecting it to last.

also whats the trick on the hand brake? I adjusted it and it held the wheels when I tried to spin them ( could not spin them at all.....even with socket on the hub nit....) but when I lowered it to ground and started car etc it did f*ck all...... just di nothing at all

Edited by jas98