2009 Fg Xr6T Knocking Noise

abbo69nz

• Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Hi there I am new to this forum.All the way from old NZ,

I have purchased a 2009 fg xr6t, I am very pleased with the car and its performance ( Converted Expensive Daewoo fan!) lol

I have noticed though a rather annoying knock coming from what I think is the rear of the car however... when going over medium to large bumps in the road, I don't think its coming from the front as you can notice it when going over railway line... the front doesn't do it, then when the rear wheels hit it knock knock!,

It doesnt do it under hard acceleration... just when going over bumps, its really annoying,

any ideas of what it could be? I have a mechanically minded mate coming over next week to try and diagnose, but any suggestions to point him in the right direction please?...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 13d

I've spent 6 months and about $2k trying to fix mine! Next lot of parts are on their way to try next lol.

First things first check the exhaust. My most recent suspension check (4th shop) has said they can't find anything but must be the exhaust (doesn't sound like the exhaust hitting) so gonna brace up the exhaust so it doesn't move and change of couple more parts when I get back home in 2 weeks

I've replaced springs, shocks, diff bushes, control blade bushes, a couple of control arm bushes and next sway bar link pins are being changed.

• Member For: 11y 11m 15d

If these are out of alignment slightly they will make a creaking knocking sound when turning steering wheel to full lock and going up/down driveways etc. Having camber out on rear can also effect it aswell. May not be this at all but it is worth looking into imo.

• Member For: 12y 2m 9d

my ba xr6t sedan had annoying clunks over bumps, so I replaced all diff bush,s and suspension bushs and sway bad bushs/links....still there, I then decided to change the wheel bearings and now its quiet as, one side wheel bearing was spinning on the hub and warn down, so over bumps the whole wheel was moveing and clunking, also replaced the control blade bush's with whitline (had normal rubber on there before) and f*ck me no one bit of sound from teh rear over bumps. it drives like new, also handles a hell of allot better