Tune All Over The Shop

TER80D

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 28d

Just had my G6E Turbo tuned yesterday and the dyno graphs look pretty ordinary to me. The tuner gave me 2 tunes, one marked as "High Boost" and another labelled as "Low Boost". In the graphs the pink line is the High Boost tune and the red is the Low Boost one.

The car really doesn't feel right and doesn't feel as strong on the Low Boost tune as stock and is just woefully all over the shop on the High Boost tune. The other seriously strange thing is that the High Boost tune noses over and dips significantly below the Low Boost tune above around 4800 RPM despite running between 2 to 3 psi more between that RPM and redline over the Low Boost tune.

Mods done to the car at the time of tune were 100cpi Venom Cat, PWR stepped Intercooler, Coolerworx piping kit and a set of Bosch 968 injectors.

Anyone care to look at these and give some feedback ?

post-46947-0-73301200-1362040881_thumb.j

post-46947-0-69271800-1362040976_thumb.j

• Donating Members

Place in Newcastle called Brakes at the Bay / Streamline Automotive. They are the local Walkinshaw dealer over here and for all intents and purposes should be quite capable at tuning almost any car and have done a decent few Turbo Falcon tunes. I'm just a little disappointed that after spending $1,450 for the SCT unit and a tune that I've come away with what looks more like a generic tune rather than the full custom one I paid for. I called them and spoke to the tuner and he said to bring it in so he can clean the high boost tune up but I think it's a bit poor that they released it to me in the first place and I think both tunes need much more work. I really don't want to go bad mouthing them without giving them an opportunity to correct it but they haven't given me alot of confidence.

I'm certainly no engine tuner but surely the power curve and boost curves shouldn't be that wavy ? And the way the high boost tune noses over above 4800 rpm is concerning.

• Donating Members

If you arent happy with the tune take it back, take the tuner for a drive and explain what you do not like. Have you spoken to him about it at all?

I do agree mate. It's just that this is my first tuned turbo Falcon and I wanted to get some idea if I'm being a tool and the graphs make sense or if they don't I can at least go in with the facts and not look like an idiot in the process.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 16d

Honestly graphs are useful but its how you drive it that counts and how it feels as a day to day car. They can smooth a graph to look like a babies bum and make you more frustrated because the car will still not drive how you like it.For the now forget the graphs, you arent being a tool, go back and explain what you mean and better still show them.

• Like 1