Vf Holden Revealed

timetaker

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d

Like heaps that wanted the GT bet there will be heaps that wanted this car with this engine but 99% will never stump the $100+k for this car because they are just dreamers. Some workshops may get one and the cashed up ones will but like the W427 and the current GTS there won't be f*ck all on the road, most people just don't have this sort of coin for this type of car.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 27d

Yes for the F6 no for the GT. FPV spent big bucks developing a supercharged V8 locally whereas HSV went and ordered them straight from the US. In hindsight possibly money that FPV may have been better off spending on handling, safety and interior design upgrades.

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d

yes the base engine they did, but then they redesigned it completely for supercharging, it is not a crate engine like the LSA. Not saying that there is anything wrong with doing this except that Ford at least made it their own. 3 boosted engines in their falcon line up is great.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 30d

You might find you Fordfan boys that the supercharger on the Ford is actually done by a Expensive Daewoo man in the name of Ron Harrop... Yikes Ford need a Expensive Daewoo mans help!!!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

With lobes by Eaton if I recall correctly?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 1d

I dunno where the $100k+ price tag is coming form. With a huge drop in the price of the ss and Bogan special I can't imagine this exceeding $100k.

As for the comparison to a 500rwkw xr good luck. Go pay $45k for a new one. Spend $10k+ on a harrop brake package and wheels. $2k on a decent suspension set up. $20k give or take on built motor and bolt ons, $5k for a built box, then add tailshaft and other bits and pieces. So at $80-$90k you can match it on the strip but then you have all the technology which the xr can't compete with and at the end of the day, look 5 years down the track and you'll be lucky to get $40k for your xr while they resell their gts for $60k.

I'm a Ford man through and through and we've been killing the ss for years with the turbo's but you got to admit HSV beat us on this one... Just wait for FPV to respond I guess

• Like 1