Vf Holden Revealed

timetaker

• Member For: 11y 8m 14d

Great more powa to get to the speed limit quicker, hows the warranty going to hold up at the drag strip?

Caller: Hi my gearbox is farked

Service: Have you been at the drags?

Caller: Yes

Service: good bye...............

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 27d

I meant the cost to develop the package, not just import the motor, what was the outlay from Holden/HSV to make it work and not tear up bushes!

So keen to see 1/4 mile times, might be faster stock than my car is modded...gulp.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 10d

GSP07R, you are missing the point about the car. Its not only the power, its the whole package. The brakes will be fantastic(glue your eyeballs in), the trim, handling, etc, etc. Warranty issues apply to Ford as well. Go take your new GT to the strip, and see how the dealer reacts. I think it will sway a lot of current FPV owners to be honest.

Time will tell of course.

And, an XR6T with 500rwkw is still an XR6T with more power. Nothing else.

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

What's wrong with a bit of good old-fashioned blind hate just for the sake of it? :stickpoke:

It'll probably sell like hotcakes to cashed-up miners looking for something to throw their money at.

Whilst it's not my cup of tea it is a pretty awesome package. I initially thought the most stupid thing they could do was release it on federal budget day given it'd get no exposure in the mainstream press...but perhaps that was a calculated move to sneak it onto the market and avoid the crap from the likes of Harold Fckface at the pedestrian council etc.

I just hope it'll give Ford the kick they need to do something equally as great before we all end up driving front-wheel drive camrys once the aussie sedan disappears.

• Like 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 5d

Also added to that.. Who's stupid enough to tell the dealership they've been drag racing?

uh.... gspo7r?

steve I reckon you are right... pleanty of modded t's being beaten by a stock holden.... doesnt sound right does it?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 30d

Thing about this... Goes around corners alot better than any FPV on the market.. I'm sure those 275/35/20 Continentals grip a hell of alot better than the 245/35/19 you get on a GT or F6.

Plus apart from brakes and body kit the FG FPV is really no different than a luxury version of a XRT.