Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

The Aux plug is behind the fuse box. You get instructions when you buy the cable, very easy to do. To get the Aux press the AM button twice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 22d

so I bought it anyway ..apparantly they do work on nano's HOWEVER my tip: get someone dumb enough to install it lol...I installed mine and Ill never do one again ...good if you got small hands and can get them behind fuse box other than that hard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 24d

Hey I'm new to the forum, I got a 5th Gen iPod nano the other day and it also said not supported , I took it to ford and got them to check if it was a software issue and they said the newer ipods don't work with the old cable and that I would have to wait until they make a new cable and buy one, no thanks.

I then went to an apple store and they told me that they have indeed changed the ipods and now they are not compatable or as the dumb ass said "that suck", no thanks.

After sending an email to ford they sent me this list, I hope it helps.

My link

2008 FG Dash XR6 Turbo

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 7d

Mate I have a 5th gen Nano (with the camera) and it works fine in my car. I did have to get Fraud service to update the AIM.

Get your ford dealer to RTFM and update the AIM.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 22d

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has come across this problem or if there is a fix in a previous post.

I have a 16GB iPod touch which I have had since they first came out. At first it worked pretty well in my FG with the only fault being that sometimes it would get stuck on a previous track name when skiping through songs and then eventualy the "track name" would go blank.

Also if I brought up the iPod lists on the ICC (song, artist, album what have you) it would sometimes freak out and go blank.

Recently (after a software update for my iPod) it has started to skip tracks without reason. when I press seek on the wheel or on the dash it will jump 1 or 2 songs. usualy the first second or two of the song plays before it jumps to another track. If I go back via the button on the dash the song usualy plays fine. Has anyone experienced this before? is it likely to be an issue with my iPod or should I be hitting up ford to sort it out?

The other issue I have is a number of people complaining that it is very hard to hear me on my factory bluetooth. In my previous car I had a parrot system installed and it seemed to work fine (I.e. less complaints that ppl couldnt hear me) I would have thought that the factory ford system would be as good if not better but maybe I am wrong. Has anyone else had issues with the BT or found a solution? from what I can tell there is a bit of an echo for the person on the other end of the line, I have tried adjusting the volume etc and doesnt seem to help. Any of your expert insights or opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

• Member For: 14y 2m 2d

Hi Matt

I have also entered a thread on general tech re my Iphone not working with the Bluetooth. Ford are saying they cant keep up with the technology changes and therefor its not their fault. I can send calls but cant answer them without the phone locking up...I hav an 09 G6E turbo and they are saying I have a B module and need to upgrade to the C module at a cost of $650. I spoke with John Hughes himself and he said its not his problem take it up with Ford. I sent them a complaint today and are waiting the result. Its a massive cop out on their behalf and im going to fiht this one. Hope this offers some help.

Ta

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 22d

Thanks pauliepaulie,

I did see your post, sounds like it might be a similar cause. My ipod was listed as being supported when I bought the car and is essentialy older than the car so Im not going to cop the whole cant keep up with technology thing. Keep me posted as to the response you get from ford but im currently writing up a list of sh*t I want fixed on the car as I want to start looking into some more serious (waranty voiding) modifications and the ipod integration is one of them. We'll see how they handle it.

Cheers,

Matt

• Member For: 15y 9m 17d

No - sorry. Good luck with your cause. However I have seen so many issues with iPhone doing anything using BT or WiFi that I am amazed why people buy them. BTW my iPod classic works perfectly in my FG and I have had a number of bluetooth phones in operation. Sony Ericsson, Nokia, and now Blackberry and they all have the same basic functions without any problems and very good quality. They all work slightly differently, but they work reliably. Personally I would not trust Apple as far as I could throw them.

As far as technology is concerned, this is an interesting debate. Bluetooth is a "standard" format with various levels of integration and capabilities depending on the system. I would expect phone manufacturers to make all new bluetooth systems backwardly compatible with earlier versions of installed Bluetooth. You may not have the same feature sets as in newer releases, but the basic functions should work. I have a number of bluetooth devices I have had for years and they all work with the latest phones I've used (as above) So I don't know what this measns, but I wouldn't be too fast to jump on Ford about this untill you see evidence that they may be at fault or the FG system may need upgrading. The same issue remains, why do some BT systems work and some don't? My son has an iPhone, I might grab it on the weekend and see if it works OK. BTW his iPhone sounds like s---t! on his Bluetooth and drops out all the time! His porevious Nokia worked perfectly in the same car!