Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 8d

Thanks guys.

My IPOD came good. The batteries ran flat. I suspect that it did a reset after it switched off. It's still not working with the ICC, but that's probably an ICC software issue.

Itunes required for IPOD? Not according to some of the web sites I've discovered. Here's a quote:

While iTunes is a powerful application, it does have its limitations, mostly stemming from both Digital Rights Management (DRM) restrictions and the Recording Industry Association of America’s (RIAA) interest in preventing unauthorized copying of music, regardless of fair use and personal flexibility. The free software community believes that the ability to freely copy content you own between your iPod and a computer is a right, not a privilege.

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articl..._without_itunes

This web site recommends their preferred software. Winamp seems to work OK.

Here's another article:

This brief tutorial will show you how to use Winamp to manage your iPod.

Note: this post is part of the 10 Alternatives to iTunes for managing your iPod overview.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/07/how-t...nage-your-ipod/

PAH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 22d

I had the car in recently, and they did an ipod update which has helped in some areas however one part that seems worse is the random button on the HMI or whatever its called.

Before the update I could press the random button and the song would continue playing and be then be 'random', press it again and it would be 'random from that album' (as long as there were other songs from that album on the ipod or playlist), 3rd press turn all random off.

Now whenever I press the button it takes a long pause the song playing stops and another will start. This is annoying as when playing in random if hear a song I like and I press random button to select 'random from that album', the song I like stops and another random song will start...

random from CD now doesn't seem to really work at all?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Gee how many times can I say random in one post....

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d

That's random :roflmbo:

Never actually used it, but will have to check it out now. ...oh that's right the farkin iPod doesn't work properly anyway :drool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 16d

Hi Guys,

New to this forum but looks like a great resource.

Just about to trade my current FG ute up to a turbo version and want to keep the Ipod connector fitted to my current ute.

The ipod plugs into a controller (black box) in the centre console, my query is does anyone know if I need to pull out the wiring loom the box plugs into back to the dash as well or did ford pre-wire this loom in place at the factory?

My guess is Ford pre-wired these looms to the console as it looks to be a pain to remove or install but if anyone knows for sure I'd greatly appreciate a response.

Out of interest had a bloody time getting hold of this ute as well, govt rebates seem to be doing the trick don't seem to be many around at all at the moment.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

Mate, if you are trading your car in, ask the dealer to swap them over.

I know the iPod is a dealer fit item, so it cannot be that difficult to remove and reinstall.