Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 25d

Hey Velvet Glove just ordered one last week!! Not that I know all the technical jargon but I have ordered it from a mate that works at Apple, Mates rates :crybaby:

Basically bought it for the car as so I don't have to use auxillary port. You can now buy an attachment that tunes into your stero system in your car ( I suppose a bit like the old drive in)

This does not affect quality etc. It can be used for dictation calendar, walkman etc.

Apparently for the more Boffin incline it can also be used as a mini server :spoton: so I am told. It must be good however as my bother in law is a techo and hates Apples, but yet has just ordered an ipod with me! :lol:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 7d

VG, my sales manager won one at some apple show and he loves it. I have played with it and they are great. They have a new FM Modulation option so you can tune a normal FM radio to hear them.

The only problem I found is the cost, they are over $800 for the new 40Gb ones or $450 for 15Gb.

I found this little beastie that looks better for car use, as I only plan on using it for the car it looks better and holds more. Its worth a look

http://www.mstation.com.au/ms/products/index.asp?ID=165

• Master of my domain!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 5d

I'd have no problem recommending them VG. Got a 15GB model myself about a year ago and it rocks. So far so good, no battery probs to speak of! I use Apple stuff all the time and you can't beat it for quality. You won't be disappointed :spoton:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 11m 9d

Ahoy Ahoy. Just wondering who has an Apple ipod or ipod mini? I will be backpacking through China/Mongolia/Russia for 6 weeks from June and I wanna take some tunes with me. I have a Sony MD but don't particullarly fancy the idea of carrying the MD's around everywhere.

How portable is the ipod really? Does it mark easily? Is it fairly sturdy? Does it take long to transfer the songs? Is it reliable? How long does the battery last? How long does it take to charge? What sort of batteries does it take? Do you use all of the space?

I like the idea of the media reader so I can store photos directly from the SD card of my camera onto the ipod as I don't think I will find too many internet cafes etc around Mongolia :blink: . If anyone has any other usefull information or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! :blink:

Cheers,

Chris

PS: If anyonee is interested in a barely used Sony MD let me know.

• Member For: 21y 11m 9d

Haha. You are correct about culture etc, that's exactly why I am doing this trip, however I beleive the train trip from Beijing to St Petersburg is the largest in the world (approximately 8000km/h) so I'm gonna want some music when I'm not busy trying to work out the squat dunnies/visas/food/language/climate etc.

Oh, and I wont be listening to Kylie either!...might be thinking about her though crybaby.gif

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
...St Petersburg...

Leningrad If you please Comrade!

Have a great time, a dont skimp on the 27 Odd KM of Hermitage Exhibitions! in the old Tsarist Winter Palace.

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 25d
Ask JB he's got one of those gadgets :lol:

But be careful he doesn't get you into sandals :blush:

Blown BA, One day you mortals will understand something called fashion!

Anyway CDM, just got mine a few weeks ago, have already hooked up the AUX in my T and connected it up in the centre console, the ipod and the premium sound, bloody beautiful! :spoton:

How portable is the ipod really? - Same as a walkman. Fits easily in my pocket and does not skip.

Does it mark easily? - Yes seems to. I am going to put contact over the front of mine.

Is it fairly sturdy? - Same as any other thing around, I don't know how it would fair if you dropped it. You can by protective cases for them.

Does it take long to transfer the songs?- No approx 1-2 minutes to refresh, also dependant on whether you are using firewire or usb.

Is it reliable? Yeah I'm a user not a techo so for me it's brilliant

How long does the battery last? - 8 Hrs constant play

How long does it take to charge? - I think it's 40 minutes rapid charge to 80% then an hour or so for the other 20%. I can be corrected on that one.

What sort of batteries does it take? - Not sure as I have not looked

Do you use all of the space? - I got the 15gb one holds 3500 songs. Currently on 842.

CDM from my point of view I wanted somewhere I could place all my music and when finished I will probably get to about 2000 songs, so still have room for another 1500. You basically set it all up on your computer and keep refreshing the ipod to sync with it. Get a programme like Audigrabber and copy all your CD's to your PC. It can be used for a multitude of things, but as I said I am no techo, but I got it from a mate who works for Apple, and my brother-in-law has one as well. They are both full on into this sort of stuff and use it for Harddrive backups, portable server!? Photo's, file back up and so on. I believe the opportunities are endless, just depends on how advanced you are in this sort of stuff. You can buy heeps of aftermarket stuff like FM radio tuner which will tune into any radio you have without wires. Camera and whatever else. The web site should tell you everything you need to know, or just do a search! :blink: