Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 10d

you can also buy a contaption that plugs into your ipod.lets say 101.4 fm.then you tune your radio to 101.4fm and presto no wires and your ipod will work with your factory system

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 30d

Don't even bother with an FM transmitter. You will not be happy. They are Crap IMO!

beerchug.gif

• Lost Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 15d

If you don't already have it fitted, you can buy the genuine ford auxiliary ipod kit from me, still got one for sale, had a few interested, but when it comes time to pay they choke. See here >

WA - Ford Ipod/Mp3 Amplified Auxlilary Audio Booster Kit - Ford XR6 Turbo.com

• Member For: 18y 15d

thanks for the replies guys, would anyone have anymore info or pics on where the aux plug is actually located. I have looked behind/near the fuse panel but cant seem to find it, cant see for looking or something.

thanks

nibbsy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d

Check out ASL Automedia, they are a site sponsor of FordForums, they do a good ipod aux kit.

It is compatible with the six CD stacker but you can't control the ipod with the steering wheel controls. I don't know if there's any aux kits that let you do that :buttonit:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d

An AUX kit (cable from ipod to the white clips behind the head unit) will let you play your ipod through the car stereo and charge it too, but you can't control the ipod with the head unit controls.

If you find something that gives you full intergration let me know. But I don't think such a thing exists. :buttonit:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 19d

I bought the ASL kit and fitted it on the weekend. I am very impressed with the quality. Running my ipod against a CD I couldn't pick the difference in sound quality. Will make my driving a pleasure.

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 11d

I bought the cheap one from ebay and it was great for $15. But there was a whine in it and you had to have the ipod volume up full.

The amplified version, the one Nifty is selling, I paid around $100 on ebay and its worth the extra. Don't bother with the Fm thingy.

If its a gen Ford part it will have fitting instrucments. But it is PISS easy. Running the cable up behind the tissue box is fiddly but well worth it. Now ipod only has to be on 2/3 volume and no whine.

Once connected, when you select Am on your radio and then press am again you will see it changes to AUX.

Don't know where you are but get ne and if you get stuck, give me a hoy and I'll help you out.

You dont have to remove the fuse panel...the plugs are floating behind the fuse panel on the right of the steering colum.

Seriously...peice of piss mate. Well worth paying the extra and if Nifty still has them, mate, snap it up...it's cheap.