Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 3m 2d

shockF6 anything more to report on your box of ttricks - sadly JB's icelink looks like the best idea but prices start at around $80k and come with a free BMW attached.

Dingah

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 19y 5m 28d

You would need to purchase one of the video signal converters (changes video to the RGB signal that the XR ICC needs). These are a few hundred dollars (400 I think). This would allow any video input.

The sound can be connected using a Belkin FM transmitter connected to your IPOD, or an auxillary audio cable from Ford (around $30).

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

does the aux have this whinning noise? im using an ipod charger + transmitter which I got off ebay for 20 bux, however I get these weird interefence noises.

• Member For: 20y 1m 23d
does the aux have this whinning noise? im using an ipod charger + transmitter which I got off ebay for 20 bux, however I get these weird interefence noises.

are u using video on that ipod??

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 2d

My IPOD just connects to this $100 port I had put in as an option. Is this waht your talking about.

Somehow I dont think so when everyone is mentioning $300 components?

• Member For: 18y 11m 17d
Shock: - does your modification remove the whine even when the power is off - it appears that the power amp remains live even when the sound is selected off as the whine is still there?

If your getting whine even without the engine running then you have a very special car indeed :laughing: or do you just mean the audio off and not the engine :stirthepot:

The only time my box wont remove the whine is if your getting whine through the other modes on the ICC (like through the radio). If its only a AUX whine then the box will remove it.

That being said, if your running aftermarket amps they can easily produce whine through poor earths. this may not be your only cause of whine but as your system whines with no audio signal it is clearly one of the causes. "earth loops" happen when there is a resistive difference between the amp and the signal source that is feeding the amp (I hope that made sense).

there are a number of ways to solve your problem but none of them are a sure fire solution, all I can do is tell you the most common faults and fixes and take it from there. The first thing to try is to remove the rca lines going into the amp and see if that changes the whine. if not, then check to make sure you have connected the amp to a good earth point in the car, make sure where you connected the earth wire there is no paint or any other surface other than bare metal. Last thing is to make sure that your power and ground wires are the same size and as short as practical. the size (thickness) of the wire is also VERY important but I'd need more info about your setup to let you know what you need there.

anyway, as this really isnt on topic id be happy to help you out through PM's. Or maybe some kind MOD would like to split this topic as im sure other members are modding stereos and introducing unwanted whine into there systems too.

Cheers

Shock.

Edited by shockF6

• Member For: 19y 5m 28d
My IPOD just connects to this $100 port I had put in as an option. Is this waht your talking about.

Somehow I dont think so when everyone is mentioning $300 components?

I assume you are playing sound only from your IPOD?

These guys are mainly on about the video that an IPOD Vidoe can produce as well.

By the way - your $100 option cost $20 to buy and install yourself, or $5 to make and install yourself. Bloody car dealer ripoff.

Edited by cobrav8