Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Member For: 20y 6m 9d

AHHH for the love of MIKE .... LOL

iPods in Ford! Just Don't do it! RUN RUN RUN RUN

Quote Senior Ford Official in the CTTT of NSW "The Auxialiary port on the Falcons were not designed with the iPod in mind, and therefore the iPod is to blame for the 35 visits and the trip to melbourne and the 107 days you didn't have your car"

*tongue out of cheek*

Seriously though this is the general gist of what Ford Aus said to me about my Audio problems.

Hmmm, I wonder what they thought people would plug into the aux input, if not MP3 players?

Guest mercurysteve
  • Guests

Seem one before, awesome :lol: set up if you have an Ipod huh?

What deck are you running? You do have an XR with the standard "don't go touching the stereo" issues surrounding it don't you? :blink:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 14d

I am using the Alpine CDA-9835

I haven't altered the original audio system. The new system runs independant of the factory one. The factory command centre functions as per normal except when CD or radio is selected, you don't get any sound. All audio features are controlled through the Alpine unit.

• 1 month later...
  • Yes I am too tall for my hair
  • Member For: 19y 11m 20d

have the same ipod the same transmitter and the antenna is on the back window and if you have the back window tinted with metal film you have got problems but easy fix you nead to do a search on aux plug and plug it in any problem pm or email and I will help out the best I can.

It is easy to do. and sounds better than cds to.

stuart

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 20y 6m 4d

Hi all,

Just took my car to Ford again this morning for a handful of little issues. The main one was picked up on the way from Melbourne to Canberra. I was listening to Powderfinger's 'Vulture Street' through the iPod into the Ford Aux connector (all factory fitted). And a few tracks sounded weird.. particularly track 7 'Stumblin' (you might know the song from the ad with the AU Falcon slamming into a car if you're in Vic).

Anyway, in the first 30 seconds of the song, there is a big guitar riff which is only from the right hand channel. Playing it on the ICC, I was thinking 'this sounds weird.. isn't there a guitar there?'. So I unplugged the iPod, and plugged in my earphones.. sure enough, guitar through the right hand channel. Back into the ICC, no guitar (just drums from the left channel). Weird! This weekend, I popped in the original CD of Vulture Street, played track 7, and the guitar is there.

So I took it to Ford this morning, they ring back and say 'oh, to use an iPod through the Aux connector, you need to set your iPod to mono'. Problem 1: bullsh*t, this isn't the 70's and I'm not using mono sound. Problem 2: there is no mono setting on the iPod.

So now I'm stuck.. off to do my own research to find out what's wrong. I changed over the 3.5mm cable between the iPod and the Aux jack (the one I've had under the tissue box has been working fine for a year), but exactly the same sound comes out (no guitar in the right channel). I'm at a bit of a loss!

13FORD were no help, the girl said that they were not technical in any way and I would have to go through the dealer. Surprise.

Anyone had any issues with sound running from an iPod (aside from the usual need to crack the iPod to maximum!!).

Thanks guys!

wedge

• Member For: 19y 4m 9d

Have you tried connecting a Disc-Man or something similiar into the Aux port? Does it do the same?

It could be that you have worn the Aux Jack and it needs replacing.

• Member For: 20y 6m 4d

No unfortunately, I have another iPod mini though (my partner's) which I will try out. I have actually had a 3.5mm cable running from the Aux jack for 14 months now (since the day I bought it) without removing it ever - so I don't know how I would have worn the jack out!

My dealer is now calling Ford to confirm that it's a stereo input on the Aux connector.. oh man!

Had a last sort of resort possibility - that the iPod was clipping sound at extreme volume levels, so I just plugged it into a pair of little powered PC desktop speakers, wound the iPod up to full, and played the song. And sure enough, the guitar was there in the right hand channel. There's no question that it's something to do with the Aux jack, the wiring between the Aux and ICC, or the ICC itself (as the original CD's play fine - it's not the speakers). And they're screwing me around on the phone over a $5 part!