Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 4m 2d

I have this lovely G6E Turbo with the iphone cable in the center console

My problen is that because I only do short trips in her the ipod goes flat over night and I just wanted to know is there any way of having the ipod charging with the ignition off. I like the idea of just leaving in the console with my selected play list and not having to remove it each night and recharge the idop inside. Set and forget is what I'm after.

I really dont think it would have a negative effect on the battery as I have all that monitored and is holding voltage well.

Any help would be gladly appreciated

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 21d

wow

I charge my ipod up once a month if im lucky, listen to it at the gym, usually 1 hour sessions 4 times a week, and it holds its charge no worries.

time for a new ipod methinks?

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

That's not normal, it should turn-off when your ignition is off. And the charge it gets whilst the ignition is on more than compensates for what it uses when running.

Mine initially did what you report occasionally and was resolved by a software update. Just out of interest does your iPod display the Ford logo when connected?

• Member For: 19y 9m 8d

iPod battery might be cactus. I only do short trips daily and its always full. Maybe a full charge in house once might make it last longer.

• Member For: 16y 4m 2d

That's not normal, it should turn-off when your ignition is off. And the charge it gets whilst the ignition is on more than compensates for what it uses when running.

Mine initially did what you report occasionally and was resolved by a software update. Just out of interest does your iPod display the Ford logo when connected?

No it doesnt so I might go to ford and see if there is a software update required for the little lady

Edited by jono

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 2m 18d

I have a 09 fg xr6 turbo with a aux input is there a cable or input for the ipod which will charge the ipod at the back of the head unit ?

or do I need one of these ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FG-IPOD-CONNECTOR-CABLE-INTERGRATION-CABLE-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-/261068338674?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc8e2b5f2

or will this not work with my model of car