G6E-T Parts List For +400 Rwkw

Alion

• Member For: 16y 6m 15d

Hey Gents/Ladys,

Well I have just put a deposit on my 2nd hand G6E Turbo and now time to start the parts list/ receive your thoughts on what I should be looking for. I am wanting to make just over the 400 RWKW becasue lets face it, it is just too easy to be in the 300 club :P

Well so far its a Rapid stage V 1.0 (from a mate) looking to upgrade to V2.0 (what sort of rwKw's does the rapid system allow for?) or go with the race style Process West intake and battery relocation kit. x-force 3.5 inch cat back with 4 inch dump and 4 inch hiflow cat. Seimens Deka 80lb injectors (are these a good size or do I need bigger? I calculated about 74lb for 410rwkws at a .9 duity cycle so this seems right). Rapid Valve Springs. Boost controller (for the wife, so I don't have to spend 10 mins flash tuning it, I am thinking about an eBoost 2 that I can hide away in the glove box or similar). Ported rear turbo housing (again from friend). Walbro pump 340 (again from friend I don't know if this will be large enough though (see below about surge tank)). Don't worry I do have to pay for the parts from my mate there just heavily discounted.

I am also thinking about a surge tank for insurance, best performance for price? I would love to use all Process West gear as I am a Wollongong local now (moved down from Cairns) and would love to support him? or if there are any others at the right price I would love to know! I think I will be in the hole a bit over $5,000 without the surge tank just for parts. As I am new down here I also don't know to many people and don't really have anywhere to do the bolt ons and would love to save on a bit of labour costs and know your thoughts on tuners local, Sydney or south coast. We all know that tuners that do the right thing by us get there name spread so I would like to hear a few.

Most of this wont happen for a few months while I am hunting parts at the right price and working over 60+ hours a week and part time Uni coming up soon.

When I get the car and give it a good wash and wax I will put up a few photos a "Granddad"

Cheers,

Allan

• Like 3

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m

Built gearbox ~$4k
Strengthened Tailshaft $1-1.5k

LSD for G6E?

• Like 1

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 10d

You will need a bigger turbo, keep the housing you buy and then buy a gtx3582

• Like 2

Yeh I have heard the gear box and the LSD start having problems at this power level as a subcontractor of mine has filled me in on what to expect. I think I might look into the LSD and hope I have a good box for now.

Are the parts listed above fine for this power level biggest problem at the moment is the fuel pump and if the rapid v2.0 intake can handle that power level as I know nothing about the rapid systems sorry.

• Member For: 12y 8m 5d

This is my list of parts to get to 400rwkw:

GTX3582R + ported wastegate & flapper mod

4inch turbo side intake

1000cc injectors (I think your 80lbers will be ok)

Surge tank + 044

Bigger Intercooler

Valvesprings

4 inch dumppipe + high flow cat going into a 3.5 inch catback.

Xcal3

Purely on engine mods, I spent close to $9000. Add to that the cost of fitting parts if you can't and tuning the car and that figure will be closer to $12,000

Don't forget that the G6ET does not come with a LSD. A decent tailshaft, LSD and diff bush combo will set you back about $3000. As for the gearbox, once you get to 400rwkw, start saving immediately for a ZF rebuild. It will need one eventually.

As for the fuel system, if you really want 400rwkw, then budget for a surge tank + 044.

• Like 4

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 9d

Hey mate nice buy. I'm to from Wollongong and is interested in to seeing you go. Check out Slymeats thread http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/81885-slybeast-is-getting-some-work/ lives around the corner from me and is about to hit the 400 mark. Also might need to catch up.

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 7d

4inch turbo side intake

Surge tank + 044

Bigger Intercooler

Valvesprings

Xcal3

Purely on engine mods, I spent close to $9000. Add to that the cost of fitting parts if you can't and tuning the car and that figure will be closer to $12,000

Don't forget that the G6ET does not come with a LSD. A decent tailshaft, LSD and diff bush combo will set you back about $3000. As for the gearbox, once you get to 400rwkw, start saving immediately for a ZF rebuild. It will need one eventually.

As for the fuel system, if you really want 400rwkw, then budget for a surge tank + 044.

He's right! Thanks Steve. Only thing you were missing in there is the piping kit. Plaz, Process etc... add more money again.

12k on getting to 400rwkw.

18k on staying there. Everyday, on any kind of reliable level.

Servicing not included.

You haven't even bought tyres to suit 650hp or brakes and suspension yet.

Jack :spoton:

Edited by G6ET8U
  • Like 1

4inch turbo side intake

Surge tank + 044

Bigger Intercooler

Valvesprings

Xcal3

Very helpful thankyou. Well I am starting to think I will do this is two stages get parts I listed above. Keep stock turbo and run what it can handle?

Save for the turbo, surge tank and LSD/tail-shaft setup. Get the numbers to my goal.

Keen the car on low boost as it will not be a daily driver anyway and save for the ZF build.

He's right! Thanks Steve. Only thing you were missing in there is the piping kit. Plaz, Process etc... add more money again.

12k on getting to 400rwkw.

18k on staying there. Everyday, on any kind of reliable level.

Servicing not included.

You haven't even bought tyres to suit 650hp or brakes and suspension yet.

Jack :spoton:

Thanks for your feed back guys piping kit came form with the cooler its a Rapid v1.0 But thinkiing I will get the extra parts to take it to 2.0 or spend a little bit more and go Process west with the 6" trumpet to 4 inch.