Exhaust, Tune And Boost On G6E

Bewsh

• Member For: 11y 8m 17d

Hey guys

First thread in this forum

Have had my G6E for 3 years now and in need of some more power.

Want to do the basics as it is driven nearly everyday...

Thinking of upgrading the exhaust, getting a tune and upping the boost to atleast 14psi..

Have a budget of $2,500 max do you guys think this can be done?

Exhuast does not need to be 4", maybe just some high flow mufflers and cat, computer and time on the dyno...

Think it should be reasonable but wanted to see what you guys would think

Also my car is in Melbourne [G6E-747] any good workshops in the South Eastern Area?

I have been recommended to D'Annello, G&D and Sureflow?? (in Seaford)

post-55816-0-92798500-1358565309_thumb.j

Thanks guys

Bewsh

Edited by Bewsh

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 28d

I'm actually doing a similar thing with my turbo but for $2,500 I think you' be better off with the following

High Flow Cat (Venom direct bolt in) - $500 (Less if you just buy the cat and have someone weld it in for you cheaply)

Intercooler piping - $500 from Coolerworx (The factory piping typically blows out beyond about 12 to 13 PSI)

Injectors - $400 for something like some Bosch 968's or Siemens Decka 60'

Tune - $1,100 (Mick from Pitlane Performance is always helping people on this forum out so he'd be the guru to go see. Not sure on their prices though)

That should see you on your way to close to 300rwkw or so. Tune might be more depending on tuner however so if you have to stretch it another few hundred it'd be well worth it.

Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Do you have a XCAL3 already ?? Cos if you don't that will gobble up about $7-$800 of your budget straight up, unless you get a second handy to save some coin...

Other than that the stock exhaust should be ok, just get a hi-flow cat, some injector's and tune really, OR just lash out and get a Nizpro cooler and piping kit and a hi-flow cat for now, fit that, then piece together injector's and XCAL3 and then just tune...

BTW how's your economy ?? BTW abit off topic but how many K's are you getting from a full tank, and what fuel are you using ??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 28d

Forgot to add, the reason you don't need the exhaust done at this stage is because the stock one flows enough from factory to almost see the small FG turbo to the end of it's limits. The Cat is the only restrictive part of the exhaust (Unless you have a Euro 4 spec model in which case there is a small restrictor ring found in the exhaust that reduces flow enough that the Cat heats up faster. Removing this also helps flow)

• Member For: 11y 8m 17d

good stuff guys thank you for your knowledge,

I dont have an XCal yet...

leaning more towards ProFlow in Seaford and see what they could do for me even Pitlane Performance.

It is an 2009 model so dont think it is the Euro 4 version

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 17d

Pitlane is a forum sponsor and has produced some really good cars. Give Mick a ring and let him no your financial situation and he'll give you the best option possible for your money in terms of getting both power but reliability and drive ability out of your car.

My guess will be $1500 for x3 and tune. $500 plus install on cool pipes and probably $500 installed for injectors and that'll see you jump from about 220-230rwkw standard too 270-280rwkw.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...