Rear Ended - What Is The Ruling?

TomT

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 19d

Getting rear ended is not at fault claim.. The matter may require reporting to police though as they will need to determine whether to charge your mate and if repairs are over a certain amount of dollars it needs a crash number assigned.

The whole not slowing/dodging a wild animal isn't law, its recommendation by insurers because there are lots of cases of people dodging a kangaroo, leaving the road and hitting a tree.. Which is alot more expensive for the insurer than just hitting a roo.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 11d

Wouldnt have happened in NZ, we speed up for possums. :3gears: Frontbar stuns em, cross member sorts em out.I know they are protected in Au, but here they are a pest causing millions of bucks of damage eating up our native forests. We trap them , shoot them, then skin em for the fur and make possum fur toys to sell to the tourists!

Bummer about your car mate, hopefully the car and the friendship can be repaired without too much hassel.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

Mate is at fault. Don't need cops because no one is injured. Just get his reg, lic no and address and give it to your insurer to open a claim. They will chase him.

Cheers

Brew

• Turbo Noob
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 26d

It's mates fault but 'if it were me', I'd help pay some of the excess if it was a good mate involved. That is just me though, obviously your prerogative.

Ant

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

Mate shoulda double clutched it, took it to 6 grand then skated around you, mincing the opossum as he drifted past.

• Like 3

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 14d

There shouldn't be an excess payable by OP if not at fault. However, it might be cheaper to check repair costs as there could be a big difference between panel beater quotes :nod: