Replacement Turbo?

air555

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d

FWIW I installed a aftermarket CHRA in to a genuine housing myself, but on a mate's standard BF 270T, and it worked perfectly from first shot. I have replaced comp wheels etc. without balancing and they have also worked well. Mates have done a few thousand KM in those cars without issue.

Another guy I know has been running 20PSI through a non-gen CHRA for a while with no problems.

They are a bit under-rated I reckon. Some people on here have probably bought cars running non-genuine core's and don't even realise it.

Non genuine CHRA is about $600.

Second-hand genuine turbos are about $700-900 (what I have sold them for in the past) with about 100,000 on them.

Fitting by a mechanic is over $400 in most cases, due to the way that they're installed and poor condition bolts in the older ones.

There's no easy or cost effective way around it, but if you do your research you can get away with it cheaply. You said the car has a few Kay's on her, not like it's a mint condition BF R-Spec, just take the easy way out and she'll be running mint again in no time.

I don't have any turbo's laying around at the moment that I could sell you otherwise I would :P

Edited by Sundeep

• Member For: 12y 1m 15d

Was thinking of non genuine chra, can get a Chinese one for around $350, has not been balanced though. Anyway will take my turbo to pro charge as Ben there sounds like a good bloke and the price is really good from what he has told me. As far as install goes, I will be doing it with a mate, we have taken the turbo off once before to replace actuator, was a bitch of a job, particularly because of a pita bracket under the turbo, however removed that last time so should be slightly easier.

• Member For: 12y 1m 20d

Im about due for a new turbo as well. What is needed to change the standard turbo on a BA to a GTX3582r?

I have found plenty for sale, most without housing. What size turbine housing would I need?

• Member For: 12y 1m 27d
Was thinking of non genuine chra, can get a Chinese one for around $350, has not been balanced though. Anyway will take my turbo to pro charge as Ben there sounds like a good bloke and the price is really good from what he has told me. As far as install goes, I will be doing it with a mate, we have taken the turbo off once before to replace actuator, was a bitch of a job, particularly because of a pita bracket under the turbo, however removed that last time so should be slightly easier.

got a link? do they need to be balanced?