Siemens 80Lb Injectors Vs 60Lb

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 3d

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="--Jase--" data-cid="1342426" data-time="1356849190"><p>

My local guys are East Coast Customs..<br />

Their argument was that the 1000's are easier to tune, so save you cash on tuning time. And they are more stable/accurate at very low pusle widths saving you cash on fuel.. Use less fuel while at low load.. Which is a good deal of the time while cruising around.<br />

So spending a few bucks extra on the better injector pays for itself very quickly.</p></blockquote>

If you need that much fuel supply then get the 1000's, If not the 60lb/80lb Dekkas will do the job fine.

With regards to fuel usage, on 98 with 50/50 mix freeway/stop start traffic I can get up to 550 klms a tank, on e85 I normally see 380-400klms a tank.

Edited by rednose
  • Like 1

• Member For: 12y 5m 13d
I would think the bosch F6 spec 440cc injectors would handle E85 in a N/A FG. You'd get a good s/c hand set for around $200. Fit straight in - no adaptors or anything else required.

So the stock f6 injectors would be enough to put up with the increased flow rate of e85?

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 8d

^^^ I'm at 310rwkw with the F6 injectors running at 85% on 98. I would think a N/A I6 on E85 would not require more fuel than that given I'd doubt you'll sqeeze anymore than 220rwkw out of it.

Edited by Bomber

• Member For: 12y 5m 13d
^^^ I'm at 310rwkw with the F6 injectors running at 85% on 98. I would think a N/A I6 on E85 would not require more fuel than that given I'd doubt you'll sqeeze anymore than 220rwkw out of it.

I would be over the moon with 220rwkw!

Now to be on the hunt for injectors.

Are you running the stock fuel pump for e85?