Siemens 80Lb Injectors Vs 60Lb

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 3d

I was told to stay well away from the Siemens injectors by local tuner.

He said they are terrible..

Recomended Herrod 100lbs or bosch/id1000's..

Way better off spending the extra to get the better injectors..

Who is your local tuner?

Whilst I agree that a 100lb bosch would be a better choice the seimens 60/80's have been used by heaps of tuners with great results.

I had 60's with 370 rwkw and did not have an issue, I upgraded to 80's as I got them cheap and recovered most of the money selling my 60's and they are still in the car and again have not had an issue with them at 405rwkw, have run a 10 sec pass and drive 100 klms a day.

Edited by rednose
  • Like 1

• Member For: 12y 20d

My local guys are East Coast Customs..

Their argument was that the 1000's are easier to tune, so save you cash on tuning time. And they are more stable/accurate at very low pusle widths saving you cash on fuel.. Use less fuel while at low load.. Which is a good deal of the time while cruising around.

So spending a few bucks extra on the better injector pays for itself very quickly.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 30d

Slightly off topic but I have a question..

I'm looking to run e85 on my NA FG.. I've been told the 60's are my best bet, is that correct?

They'll be fine.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 7m 18d

Are there any positives/negatives? and will it impact on my tune (harder for the tuner, easier etc).

What does your tuner recommend ? Personally, I went with Bosch EV14 1000s and I can't fault them. Even happier that I got them at cost price :sungum:

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 12d

Putting all brands aside the theory is like henz said, the smaller the injector the more accurately the injector can be controlled eg dont get a 1000cc injector if a 600cc is all you will ever need

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 8m 20d

id 1000s are far better than dekas fitted some shorty dekas from rapid systems 3 weeks ago and they would not seal in rail,incorrect size adaptors and plug hit on head making them leak,removed them and fitted id1000s

• Like 1

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 8d

I would think the bosch F6 spec 440cc injectors would handle E85 in a N/A FG. You'd get a good s/c hand set for around $200. Fit straight in - no adaptors or anything else required.

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 10m 28d

The Bosch EV14 injectors are available brand new in 550cc / 1000cc / 2000cc

As mentioned previously , this is exactly the same injectors renamed by many companies including ID, Xspurt , Deutsch Werks and ourselves.

I would suggest the KPM1000cc injector that has been match set to within +/- 1% would suit your needs for both perfect idles, massive power (including E85) and ease of figment and tuning.

We also supply this injector with all the correct scaling for the Australian Fords.

We purchase directly from Bosch ( no American middle man company ) match test, supply overnight, offer the cheapest ongoing price and off er 100% guarantee and support direct on phone.

Edited by KPM Motorsport
  • Like 2