Show Us Your Pets

saleen

• NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d

Well if anyone is thinking about getting a dog, especially a mature one that is already trained, check out Dogz Online.

It's an awesome way to connect people who love their dogs but can't keep them for some reason, with people who want another dog but can't handle a terrorist puppy.

We got a trained, gentle, well socialized dog with champion bloodlines and no health problems for the grand sum of $0 because the previous owners were not interested in the money. Just that he went to a good home.

Great alternative to the impersonal and sometimes overpriced Trading Post ads imo.

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 23d
I shouldn't have bumped this thread, it makes me want to throttle my landlord for not letting us have pets! :3gears:

You know you wanted one of mine :(

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10d

This was my best mate Tonka, he was a ridgeback x bullterrier and the most awesome dog ever. unfortunately he developed cancer in his front leg and couldnt walk after a while and I had to have him put down a few months ago and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, so please look after them and keep an eye out for any growths and get them checked out.

R.I.P mate you were the best!!!,

post-32023-1233202426_thumb.jpg

post-32023-1233202451_thumb.jpg

post-32023-1233202517_thumb.jpg

post-32023-1233202593_thumb.jpg

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 3d

Im with ya Jase...

Our 8 year old boxer had to have a back leg taken off last year due to a growth.

Boxers get growths and cancers fairly commonly.

When she was about 3, she had a small lump taken out, but over the years it came back and all of a sudden the growth got really big.

When they cut the growth out they have to take the affected skin with it, and as it was on the back of her leg and down by her foot it was either amputate or leave an open wound until it heals. Could of got chemo (sp?) but would of made her real sick so decided to get the leg cut off!

The first 2 weeks after she had it amputated were terrible, dog would be crying all night and just too sore to do anything. Growth was tested and was cancerous.

Fortunately for us, she came right and adapted really well after a few weeks and now she is as good as gold. Still going strong but probably only has a couple of years left.

Just make sure ya keep a good eye on your dogs for growths though guys...

If we had of left it much longer with our pet, almost surely the cancer would of affected her a lot more!

• 1 month later...