Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 23d

Pretty sure you can only insure a reparable write off with fire and theft, nobody will give you full comp

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 14d

There should be paperwork that covers every little detail of the repairs, if he doesn't produce this then steer clear because he is hiding something, to register it he would need to provide receipts on all parts used to verify they aren't stolen.

Edited by SkidsinJocks

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 20d

I used to be a panel beater, and there's no way, in the world, I'd buy a repairable write off....

If I crashed my own car hard enough to require a radiator support, I'd be trading it in as soon as the paint is dry. I hit a wombat in the missus 3 month old barina, as soon as we got it back from the repair shop it went straight to the car lot to be traded. They simply never drive the same. Little hits like front guards, and bumpers are fine, but anything major, yeah nah....

Like sct said, for a few thousand more, you can by a ex cop fg from the auctions. Much better option. Like others have said, a bonnet would cost 1500, rad support 1000, headlights bumper im assuming 1000, front screen 500.... All of these prices are over generous. Something smells fishy..... Walk away and make it someone else's nightmare.

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 5m 19d

go to pickles or manheim auctions, seen ex cop fg turbos go for 18k

agreed... buying a repairable right off is only good if your paying half price ,, and keeping it for a while

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 2d

Go buy yourself an ex chaser, chances are it will still have factory warranty too...18K should get you one...I thought you couldn't register a statutory write off in NSW, due to the post 31st Jan 2011 laws.

Apparently once written off they can only be used for parts...Is this correct?