Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 10d

Its not a turbo. And its an auto. Nice colour though.

Do you want another turbo?

Edited by johno

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8d

if u wanna be smart id save a few more coins then look at something. at the moment your gonna only be able to afford to upgrade into something that's had as many problems as the car youve already got.

just coz it has a newer body shape doesnt mean a car is better or gonna cause u less issues or is even worth upgradin.

also kms dont mean anything on these cars if u look after them. my bf mk2 had done bascially 200000 by the time I got rid of it and it never missed a beat.... but then again I serviced in every 5000 kms my self and did little things like fuel filter and stuff a lot more often.

Edited by Princess Fluffy
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 8m 21d

I still have to wait to sell my car so will be a while I am just basically researching and making sure I know what I want when I got the $

I know what you are saying about km's but I would rather a car have 50,000 kms than 200,000 kms like mine has now.
I just want something new

• Donating Members

well if kms mean a lot to you then this is what id be getting ...

forget the turbo coz one in decent condition with those kms generally speaking is out of your budget.

just bought my mum one of these with low kms and she loves it.. plenty of grunt for a 6 cylinder good fuel economy compared to turbo and good family car to kart the kids in.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/ford-falcon-2010-13632970?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=6&eapi=2&__N=1246%201252%201247%201282%204294966463%20903%201216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Mileage%3a20000%2c60000%7cPrice%3aMin%2c20000%7e1&sort=default

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 8m 21d

Thanks yeh I think I will be looking for that sort of car 2009-2010 around 50,000kms and with warranty.

I wonder if trading my car I would get at least 8-9k for towards a car in there dealership?

• Donating Members

if u came to see me here in SA for a 2004 BA mk2 manual with 200,000 kms I'd give u 5k maybe 6 at best depending on what room I had in the car u were buying and that's 04... anything before even less

• Donating Members

yep... how may kms has your car done????

once a car has done close to or over 200,000 kms it is useless to most dealers as most ussed and new yards vehirscle dealers licences dont cover cars over a certain age or km level... so your car will be whole saled and that means they wanna make $500-$1000 on it since they cant put it in the yard... they will sell it to a smaller yeard who will put $8,999 or $9,999 on the window....

I work for a major company in the motor industry in Oz working at holden, ford, audi subaru etc etc dealerships so I see all... but yes I did used to sell cars before this.