Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 12y 2m 28d

as for nswlaws on write offs I too read that if its a repairable write off or stat writ off then either way the car cn never been re registed regadless?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 25d

Although you may say to yourself 'I will keep it for a while'... In reality you won't know, and as soon , not if, but when, grimmins begin to appear, that little voice will remind you to sell. I agree , if you were paying $10k I might give it a go , but being so close to a untouched chaser with full maintenance and possible warranty , I would walk away.

Agree the list of repairs shouldn't have classed the car as a repairable write off... I am guessing , the roof , rails must have been effected and although not replaced , would have have had to be repaired.

Before proceeding , you must have someone you trust look the car over from top to bottom - someone you trust that has experience with repairing cars, and knows where to find the glues that will lead to confirmation to proceed or not...

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 25d

I'd be asking if it's possible to get a wheel alignment on the car before putting down a deposit. If it has been hit hard and anything is still really out of whack you will see it on the report especially as simply looking at tyre wear won't be noticeable with it not having been driven much.

• Member For: 14y 1m 11d

dude 7k for a ba with 40k that's awesome, I thought I got my manual mkii for a bargain and I paid 10.5k, and it had 140 kms on it

Yep that does sound good....

But this car has only 24,000k's (not 40,000),

You must have misread my post, I said that I will sell it when it hits 40,000 K's.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 13d

If I bought that one it would be a hobby car, drags and powerplay ect with the odd weekend use.

And yea I'm a little worries about getting a Rwc gearbox change and I assume a block change so it could be difficult. And unfortunately it's a 2000km trip 1 way...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 13d

messaged him this morning with a few questions, and will probably make an offer tomorro. fix box, get dave to work his magic with an e85 tune and max out turbo and should be a low 10 if not a high 9sec car. I rarly go on long trips so 2sp wouldnt worry me too much. just the driving 2000km with a trailer to turn up and it be an absolute sh*tter worries me.

Just saw the above pic says its ended and I cant check on my work computer WAAAAH

Edited by Bonjaz