Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Private sales there is a BF mk1 50k on the clock for $16000. has a capa flash and towball, leather int.

Was kinda hoping for the MK2 for the typhoon bottom end and interior update. I will only be doing minimal mods though. prolly up to 300kw. nothing over.

• Member For: 11y 1m 3d

So True.

Got a wedding coming up so I cant afford to be putting extra in for a FG. Im only spending what I sell my current car for. plus ill be doing 500+ kms a week in it and the K's are gonna add up quick.

I figure the BF wont devalue as much as the FG.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 24d

Play your card right mate. I'll wait till after the wedding new wife still on cloud 9 from the BIG day and its then I'll start looking into the FG's

Throw it around now mate look hun BF MKII for this much or FG for an extra $$. HMMM not sure I'll keep looking

I see FG mate.....lol or BF MKII Typhoon and or R Spec

Edited by ANGEL#3

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 1d

Hi guys,

Im looking at buying a BF MK2 XR6 Turbo, There is 2 im looking at

one is white, 115k, premium sound/climate $17000 at a dealership

the other is Orange 110k, stock, $17500 at a dealership.

Realistically what are these cars worth? and what do you think I can get the dealer down to? Im not in a rush, these just seem to be the best deal at the moment.

Neither have tint or a towball which I plan on putting on. I was hoping to pay around 14 - 15k max.

If you play hardball 15k easy. If you pay to have the towball taken off my car you can have it :)

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 25d

So True.

Got a wedding coming up so I cant afford to be putting extra in for a FG. Im only spending what I sell my current car for. plus ill be doing 500+ kms a week in it and the K's are gonna add up quick.

I figure the BF wont devalue as much as the FG.

Mate you have a golden opportunity now to push fir the FG while your missus is picking out everything for the wedding!

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 1m 11d

I know this might sound like a stupid question but Should I buy a one owner fully optioned BA XR6 Turbo (build date Dec 2004) that has 24,000 original Klms for $10 Thousand dollars? Yep that is not a Typo...24,000- original klms. It has never towed anything either.

I have known the car since the day it was first purchased & it is now in a "deceased estate".

It was offered to me at this price with 12 months rego.

It has premium sound, full XR leather interior, 18" wheels still with original tyres, factory sun roof, reversing sensors,Satnav & blutooth & still has that destinctive "New car smell".

This baby has been sitting in a shed for most of it life & is just like new inside & out and under the hood. It drives & handles as if it was new too.

I have seen similar XR's for sale online ranging from 8 to 15 thousand but they all have between 95.000 & 200,000 klms.

I took it for a drive this morning and gave it as much as I dared & I could not fault it in any way & it has GRUNT to burn.

So realistically,,,should I get it or should I let it go?