Recommended Tuner / Workshop Queensland

96ET

• Member For: 10y 7m 10d

na man ,he is booked out . but mate ,what would be the best way to get the car looked at so that I know what is the problem is with it .to a mechanic or tuner .I just have no idea what to do . I am just stuck and do not know what to do .who could help me ?

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 21d

Gunna I'm fairly confident that the tune in your car isn't great.

No tuner is going to be able to sort it until they can look at it and start eliminating issues.

No professional does a good job when they are rushed.

For now it's a great looking car with a fair whack of power. Just enjoy and relax mate.

You have earned it.

Whilst doing that save done coin, pick a tuner and work with him over time to get the car closer to were you want.

Edited by Kimberley Scott
  • Like 2

• Member For: 10y 9m 18d

Spot on kimbo, chill out mate, save up for some springs just in case or have some spare for whatever the problem may be, and book it in with FPT. There will be plenty more power cruises.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 7m 10d

just got of the phone with the guy that rebuild the turbo for me .and he said the 6 plus 6 turbo wheel is designed to come on boost very early ,like at 2000 rpm it would be producing a hell of a lot of boost .he can not understand why it is so slow to come on .he believes its the tune as well ,but said it could be a sticky blow of valve as well ? but all in all the compressor wheel is way better than the standard cast one he said .in the end of the day 13.400 is still not to bad for a xt one tonne work ute .I will have it sorted one day ,it still drives me from a to b . might wait after powercruise when the tuners are not so under the pressure to get cars tuned ,and have a bit more time to look at mine

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d

I dont know about their ford tuning capabilities, but they've tuned a few of my mates cars (skylines/silvias/camry/corolla) and the tunes have been fine.

but ECC are at Virginia, RDP is only just up the road at Redcliffe. seems like a no brainer to take it to someone like the guys at RDP.

• Like 2