Fg Basic Up Grade

JETURBO

• Member For: 18y 7m 17d

I drilled three new ones, and enlarged the other a bit.

I actually farked up and put the drill through the surround, taped it up and installed it anyway. Now I know it goes ok, will spend another 30 bucks and get another.

keen to compare it against the JBL 8" off the stock amp. Also keen to dynamat the shelf. I have bass just below half, as any more than that made the stocko speakers sound evil, but I cranked up the 80hz xover within the ICC.

Perhaps with a decentish set of speakers with a high sensitivity to run off the ICC, I may just make the 'premium' audio somewhat premium

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 30d

yeh that's what I was thinking a $150 set of half/half quality would make it a fair system

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8d

I'll install mine this weekend and report back.

I currently have my bass set to 3/4 and equaliser is set to Rock. Depending on the type of music the max volume is 15-20 before speakers start giving up.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 2d

Yeah I did this the other day, made heaps of difference to my ears and much happier with this over the stock sub

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members

Fitted the Response sub this morning and did a couple of back to back tests while I had the rear parcel cover off.

First thing is the two new holes and two of the existing holes have to be elongated a lot to fit the factory screw locations. Basically make the holes oval shape towards the centre of the sub until all the holes line up. I make a little bridge connector with some male and female push in fittings so that I did not have to butcher the OEM plug for the sub, and I am glad I did.

I find with the polarity swap, EQ set to Rock, and Bass at 3/4 the factory sub is pretty punch between Vol setting 15-20. Over 20 both the sub and speakers start to distort pretty bad if the music has a lot of bass.

With the Response sub I found that it did not have nowhere near as much punch at lover volumes, even with the Bass set to max at volume 15 it was not as punchy. The Response sub is a lot better at higher volumes compared to the OEM sub and does not distort. But it is still not as punchy, the bass is pretty tinny. I think the Response sub would be much better in an enclosure.

I guess it depends on the type of music you listen to and how loud you like your music. For me I found the OEM sub a bit better as it gave a bit more at lower volume.

If anyone in WA wants a free Response sub PM me.

Cheers

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 30d

This may sound funny but did u test it with all the parcel shelf in and under tray back on ?

I noticed a big differance with the shelf out dunno why just did because my first thoughts were ho hum until I put it all back in

Down low its leaps and bounds better for me

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members

Nah I did not try it with the shelf back in, I might give it another go next weekend with the shelf back in.

Unless I got the polarity wrong with the response sub? I used the light green wire as the positive as you mentioned earlier.

• Member For: 18y 7m 17d

yeah, what J@ said

I couldn't help myself but fire it up without the shelf and sh*t installed and initially thought 30 bucks down the drain.

Put the shelf back in, run the sub in over a few days and it's all sweet. Hence why I think a decent dynamat job on the shelf would make it that much better again.

Edited by old_mate
  • Like 1