Fg Basic Up Grade

JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 30d

Ok guys just want to share with u a little gem of a up grade subwoofer, I was in jaycar and came across a 8inch subwoffer and they had them going out the door for $29.95 yeh 30 bucks, so I thought why not give it a bash

Now I had already done the old wire swop on the std sub and on my thoughts alone it made the std premium sound 50% better (bass) wise, now this sub IMHO has increased the bass by at least 30-40% again yeh mid/top is now way punchier and feels very good.

Now I havent done anything to the rear shelf so gains to be had there ( dynamat ) and this was a basic swop over as my factory sub is still perfict..

This is the new sub side by side with old factory sub

r1T4j.jpg

ZlRgN.jpg

Now the locating holes on the new sub dont match up for two of them so I did this and drilled two evenly spaced holes so it all matches up

2GH03.jpg

Now my thoughts are wow straight away cranked up a bit of biggy smalls on 33 and bass up to half way ........ Fark yeh $30 well spent, but I think this is about the limit of the factory speakers now but the new sub has heaps left in it

Old sub rated at 150w new one 180w and just alot better general construction magnet and basket size very simular.

Vol down to about 20 and bass at 3/4 it thumps bloody hard for what it is , any whoo just wanted to share btw this is what they look like at jaycar packed up

Rupeb.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 18y 7m 17d

I will go buy one myself monday. I have seen many Jaycar products come to market over the years which have been considered very good for the coin (remember when response monoblocks came out, they were sick - their 12" Carbon Fibre woofers a few years ago also went well for the dollar)

Thanks for the heads up J@

Cheers.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 14d

response stuff is way underrated.... im using their amps in my current build... (the old stuff they dont make any more. the new stuff is not as good as they seem to have steered away from focusing on car audio).

well done mate, often experimenting is what gives you great results...

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8d

Thanks mate.

For anyone else interested here is the link to the actual sub http://www.jaycar.co...SUBCATID=1008#4

response stuff is way underrated....

+1. I used their Response Kevlar Speakers in the past and for the $$$ they were great. Not sure what they sell at the moment but if the little sub is as good as what J@SNOT says, I can imagine the kevlar speakers will also be 10 times better than the OEM stuff.

Edited by XtRmn8

• Turbo Noob
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6d

Haha...I nearly bought this sub a week ago.. I looked at the specs and thought 'doubt it would be much different!' Looks like I was wrong. Will be making a purchase soon!