Recommended Tuner / Workshop New South Wales

3sc0rt

• Member For: 19y 10m 8d

Hi everyone, I've competed a forum search but it didn't yield a lot of results. So I thought I would throw out a few questions to the collective masses.

Has anyone had any experience with ESP Racing or Gentech in Canberra?

Also I'm fairly new to the tuning scene. I've only ever had one car tuned, which was a BF XR8 ute done by Blue Power in Melbourne. I pretty much just left in their capable hands seeing as though they enjoy a great reputation.

So that being the case, when I go and see a canberra based tuner is their anything I should specifically ask for? Obviously I want a safe tune so I was thinking I would ask them to keep the rev limit as stock and the air /fuel ratios conservative. Am I licking the right window?

Cheers - Dave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 14d

Pop up to sydney and see Autotech or CMS they are the best in the business. I have heard good things about Gentech actually had them go over a BF XR6T that I was looking at buying and found them good to deal with,never heard of ESP racing.

Edited by gsd112
  • Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 18d

I have a friend who is having trouble with ESP at the moment - he continuously reports problems that he is having with his car, and Glen just keeps fobbing them off.

As far as tuning goes, Kit @ Gentech is very good, and knows his stuff.

Im not sure who is cheaper (I can assume) but you need to have a good relationship with your tuner - you need to be able to talk to him, discuss any preferences you want, problems you may have etc.

Brilliant, thanks everyone. Just the information I was after.

I will call CMS and Autotech tomorrow and see what they can offer. I don't mind travelling for quality.

I rand Autotech yesterday and they were only too happy to help. Gave me a very competitive price, and after the driveshaft centre bearing is replaced, I will book it in.

They were great to talk to, asked about the current mods and how I have driven it and what I plan to do in the future. They didn't give me the " nah you need this mate, you do that mate..." Reply that I've had many times before.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1