Ba Xr6 321.5Rwkw Help :(

matt_davies_28

• Member For: 12y 3m 22d

recently made the 300 club but got some pretty sweet btr 4 speed issues arrising :(

now my question is what are all you ba fanatics doing for boxes?

zf 6 speed is in the too hard basket and btr 4 speeds are just gay

has anybody on here run a 2 speed glide or a c4 or c10 box if so how much streetability does it kill? any help or links to a useful thread would be greatly appreciated even better id like to talk to somebody that has done it on the phone but beggers cant be choosers hey!

mods are as follows

standard turbo flapper mod

4 inch dump

3.5 inch exhaust

highflow cat

650cc injectors

walbro intank fuel pump

12 pound actuator

hdi cooler

hd valve springs

growler cai

fordflash 2

slotted and drilled rotors

probably forgotten heaps of other bits and pieces but that happens hey!

coming in the next few days... well as soon as it turns up in the mail is a spool forged rebuild kit and billet oil pump gears

post-51842-0-20930700-1351315952_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d

a conversion of any kind is gonna cost you a pretty penny, a properly build and tuned btr with a 2800 stall is your cheapest option and probably the best if your not gonna chase 400+kw in the near future

a conversion of any kind is gonna cost you a pretty penny, a properly build and tuned btr with a 2800 stall is your cheapest option and probably the best if your not gonna chase 400+kw in the near future

I'm chasing 500 at the wheels so btr is out of the question I believe :( surely there is something strong that bolts up easier than the zf 6 speeds :(

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 12y 2m

If you can give us a budget then that will help us more mate.

If you have 8k spare you can get a fairly bullet proof full manual glide in her with tailshaft,shifter,convertor,trans brake,better case etc ready to rock.An extra 2k will get you a gear vendors overdrive rated to 2000hp for effortless cruising.the other option is T400 and will cost the same roughly.It will still have the same ratio in top gear as the glide in top gear so a g/vendors may be an option on that also.tune will just need to be changed to manual.

I'm not sure a BTR could be painless at that power level tbh.I't would do it but freshen ups would be frequent where as the other two will be oil changes and once a year and inspection of clutches if hammered every month....of course this is speaking from assumption the trans is built correctly.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

Glide for 600rwkw 9k drive in out/ c4s are a bit less, yarra valley have a 4 speed that's 10k with a transbrake that would be good.

If you want some glide owners details pm me.

• Like 1

If you can give us a budget then that will help us more mate.

If you have 8k spare you can get a fairly bullet proof full manual glide in her with tailshaft,shifter,convertor,trans brake,better case etc ready to rock.An extra 2k will get you a gear vendors overdrive rated to 2000hp for effortless cruising.the other option is T400 and will cost the same roughly.It will still have the same ratio in top gear as the glide in top gear so a g/vendors may be an option on that also.tune will just need to be changed to manual.

I'm not sure a BTR could be painless at that power level tbh.I't would do it but freshen ups would be frequent where as the other two will be oil changes and once a year and inspection of clutches if hammered every month....of course this is speaking from assumption the trans is built correctly.

Powerglide with overdrive that sounds very inviting! I really do want a glide just the car drives me to and from the airport once a month for work it's a 2 hour drive at 110kph that's the only time the car ever gets driven really :( if there was a safe reliable way to manage it I really don't want to lose my overdrive :(

Glide for 600rwkw 9k drive in out/ c4s are a bit less, yarra valley have a 4 speed that's 10k with a transbrake that would be good.

If you want some glide owners details pm me.

im more interested in what kinda rpm my car will be doing on the open road at 110 and how annoying it is cruising around town in 1st gear on the converter all the time surely that cant be good for things? I would like to keep the car as street friendly as possible... if there is such a thing as a 500kw friendly street car lol

I work away from home and only back for a week a month sometimes even less. unfortunately im not going to get to as many race meets as I want to :(

as you can tell im quite new to the whole auto transmission thing... when we played with nissan motors there was 1 box that bolted to everything and it was bulletproof lol

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 16d

Yeh glide or th400 if you are going to remove weight then the c4 is the easiest option I have one and love it spend the money and don't go massive stall and your street ability will be good call Al's race glides he has the falcon c4 conversion down to a tee. If its a street car then build the Btr right and don't go into 4th